Monday, March 27, 2017

Simon Says: Things With Wings on the Monday Challenge










Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

This week we are challenging you to create

Things With Wings

Spring is always a lovely time to sit in the garden listening to the birds singing and watch the butterflies and the bees fluttering around, We will be looking forward to seeing what you choose to use on your projects!

It is Linda's last week with us in the Designer Spotlight and she is going out with a stunning  butterfly frame, you have to pop by her blog to see it!! AMAZEBALLS!! :-)
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store

I just got back from a trip to the UK and found my latest order waiting for me ❤️
 I couldn't resist using this super cute ostrich from the new Tim Holtz Hipster Stamp Set. Birds always have wings, so I thought it was perfect for the challenge!! ;-) 


Don't you just love the expression on her face, there's boo messing with her is there ;-) She looks just like my grandma in her hat and dark glasses, she was a stern woman too haha ;-) 

I coloured her with Hickory Smoke, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced marmalade, Festive Berries and Spun Sugar Distress Inks. 


For the background I used Tumbled Glass, Mowed Lawn and Faded Jeans inks, I then used a Tasty Textures stamp to add interest along one side before splattering with Black, White and Green inks. When it was dry I used White Embossing Paste and a Dot Fade Stencil to create more interest. 



I hope you will explore your 'artsy/mixed media' side to join in. This challenge is all about trying new techniques with inks and stuff and generally having a good time! If you've never done it before, GO FOR IT, it's so much fun!!! ;-) 

So now it's YOUR turn to get creating!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too





You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Challenges:
Glitter N Sparkle.  Mother's Day/For A Female 
Pile It On.  Humour/Plaid 
Alphabet. A for Anything With Wings 
Crazy 4 Challenges. Owl or Feathered Creature
Creative Artiste.  Anything Mixed Media  





Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Love your card, Lols. Amazing background and that bow is gorgeous!

Cathie ♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous card! Nope! Definitely wouldn't want to get in her bad books!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is an amazing card. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge A for Anything with Wings. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Linda Kunsman said...

love the colors, the great background-and that super fun ostrich image!! I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to create along with you and the DT at SSS this past month. Such a pleasure getting to know you Lols. XO. I'll be around :)

Paula Cheney said...

What a fun card - Love the Hipsters and I like the way you isolated the image in the oval. Great idea!

Sandra H said...

Such a fun card l just love it! x

Macarena said...

Oh yeah! Hispter! I still don't know if I love them or not but as much as I keep watching them on projects I guess there is love in the air :-) Great card, Lols. I love the colors and the layers. Beautiful coloring. Hugs, Marzena

Nora said...

Beautiful card!

Nora said...

Beautiful card!

Jane Royston said...

Love the way you have used the inks and the colours chosen! Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

Stephanie said...

Hehe! This made me smile! Love it, Lols!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Maura said...

Love it Lols! I like how you framed the ostrich with the oval, and put it onto a rectangular background. Lovely and fun! hugs, Maura

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You little rebel, Lols! Making something without wings showing for the wings challenge! Ha, ha! But of course this is bird-o-rific. I love how you gave this hipster such a classy setting and that flower adds the perfect touch. I don't know how anyone could see this delightful card and NOT smile!

Emma Williams said...

Such a fun card, Lols and this is definitely my favourite hipster, I just love him and I adore how you've given him a pair of tinted shades for the ultimate cool...love it! xx

Keti's Projects said...

Cool card. I love these new Tim Holtz's Hipster images. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Be sure to check out our new challenge starting today. Keti (DT)

Kath Stewart said...

what a fun card Lols...that ostrich is just so adorable...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love this adorable card, Lols. The colors on the background are so beautiful. Love the cute image, too. :P)

Barbara said...

Hipster and Lols I can't believe! it's a perfect mix! you've created a fabulous card, love colors,design and bow is absolutely gorgeous! Barbara

Anna-Karin said...

Such a fun card Lols! Love the colours and that background panel that you made.