Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Simon Says ,,,, Silver/Blue/White

Good Morning all :-) Time for a new theme on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge , This week we would like to see the lovely cool shades of ,,


SILVER / BLUE and WHITE
you can add other colours too if you like but these should be the most obvious :-)

you don't necessarily have to make a Christmas item, it can be for any occasion :-)

The DT have all used Penny Black stamps this week and if you have them we would love to see them too but it isn't necessary to enter the challenge :-)

Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 spree to her fantastic Simon Says Stamp store and she will pay the postage too !! BRILLIANT



For my card I used this very cute Penny Black Arctic Bus stamp :-)




I inked the image with Memento ink and coloured with Copics. I then inked the edges with Stormy Sky Distress ink. The snowflake paper is from Magnolia and I tore a piece of white card and embossed with a Tim Holtz Swirl folder for the snow :-) I used loads of Star Dust Stickles and I used Diamond Dust for the icy slope :-) The snowflake was made using a Martha Stewart Himalayan punch and the sentiment is from a LOTV Christmas set which is currently OOS but will be back in store soon :-)



Challenges :

Top Tip Tuesday ,,, Christmas
A Spoonful of Sugar ,,, Christmas
Cupcake Inspiration ,,, blue icing with snowflake piccy
Allsorts ,,,,, Last Min Christmas
Stamp With Fun ,,, X mas
Dutch Dare ,,, Christmas
Alphabet , G for Glitter

the DT have made some fabnulous cards for you to see so hop on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge to see them :-)

20 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love your adorable image, great card. The snow is fab!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute image.
luv
Debby

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
This is a beautiful card. I lov ethe design paper and the embossing on the bottom half. Gorgeous image so well coloured. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card Lorraine I love all the glitz and the image tehehheee love the penguin with his hat flying off! hhahaa!! Samantha :0)

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Look at those fun penguins!! Such a sweet card!! HUGS

Jane said...

This is brilliant Lols! Love how you've done the snow! Could do with an Arctic bus myself LOL! hugs, Jane xxx

Delphine said...

What a fab image, Lols! Great colour combo and I just love how you have put your papers to show the slope (I hope it is the right word in English:-)!) Hugs Delphine xx

Cathy said...

Super cute card hun, and I love the swirly slope you have made.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Lols, love the cute sledging penguins, fabulous glittery imbossing and beautiful snowflake.
hugs Heather xx

Debs said...

Hiya Lols
Gorgeous card - super cute penguins and I love love love the sparkly swirl background.
Thanks for playing along with ny Last Minute Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love penguins but haven't any & seem to be finding that PB is able to plug my gaps. Loe the deep blue ribbon & the matching outer border.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

brenda said...

A really super creation, thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Jennie said...

This is such a great card Lols!
I love it
xxx

Hannah Clark said...

I love the card! The penguins are so cute! Great job on the colouring!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh Lols, this card is SO fun & festive!! I have such a love of penguins so cute, and the use of diamond dust is BRILL!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Rachel Hope said...

So so cute!!! :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

scotspanda said...

fabby work Lorraine, fab images :o)

Thanks for joining us for the Allsorts challenge this week

Hugs

Amanda xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Fun card! I adore all the texture. Thanks for playing with us this week at TTT! :)

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, love the penguins! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Basslady said...

love this funny and cute card!

wonderful!

many christmas-hugs from germany,
silvi xoxo