Friday, June 26, 2009

Where do I come from ?? :-)




While blog hopping a couple of days ago I came across a lovely challenge asking us to make something which reflects where we came from :-) The Challenge is called the Three Clovers Thursday Challenge Well I have had this stamp of The Shambles in York for ages and also a 12x12 sheet of paper with a map of Yorkshire,, well ! I had to enter this one :-)

I followed the lovely sketch on the Truly Scrumptious Challenge

I made the card 'old' looking as the paper looked aged and the City Of York is an ancient city. The image is from the famous street called The Shambles and was the film location for Diagonal Alley in the Harry Potter movies.

I love York and whenever I am back home in the UK I always go for a visit, it is about an hours drive away from my parents village.

There is a new airline just starting called Yorkshire airlines and they have made a fabulous advert on You tube :-) Please go and see it you'll be glad you took the time :-) If anyone is interested in coming to Gozo for a crafty retreat you can get cheap tickets with them !! :-)
Please go and see this clip especially if you need a laugh :-)

Yorkshire Airlines

I am also entering this for the Charisma Cardz Challenge who have an open theme this week :-0



Thanks for looking, I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)

Lorraine x x

21 comments:

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

"Well if its not in Yorkshire, it's not worth bloody visiting!" ROFLOL!!! I love it!! I'm going to send this to my friend who recently moved to York! And your card is beautiful, great idea! Now, I wonder if I have any Texas stamps for me?! :-) TFS that commercial! I needed a good laugh today! Lisa :-)

Jackie said...

Great card, love the distressing. I well remember using this stamp at a card workshop many moons ago :o)
Jackie xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lorriane.

Hugs Riet.x

Hazel (Didos) said...

LOOOORRRRRAAAAIIIINNNNEEEEE, You are a Madwife so you should know where you come from LOLOL.
This is a stunning card. I love that street, It looks so cool in the Harry Potter films, have a great weekend, Love Hazelxo

Kim x said...

I love the aged look of your card Lorraine, it's gorgeous.
Kim x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine love the aged look and how fab to have the stamp and a map that go together so well I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

cheryl said...

this is great love the distressing effect love cheryl xx

Stef H said...

this is super and the memories are wonderful. i've never been to the uk. maybe someday.

hugs,

Sue from Oregon said...

Don't you just love it when you have the perfect stamp and papers for a challenge! Great card...and no...I am not flying on that flight...that video was quite a hoot! Thanks for joining us this week on Kerry's challenge!

Saskia said...

So beautiful and elegant!!

Saskia :)

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us at TS this week. Hugs Michele x

Carol Ann said...

Fab card. I spent my first anniversary in York 30 yrs ago so it has a special place in my heart. That clip was a real hoot, I'm saving up for Alan Bennett class tickets heeheehee xxx

Sue said...

Don't you just love when you have something tucked away forever and you actually remember you have it when the opportunity comes up to use it. Great card. Love that circular arrow!

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous card, I love that you've used a map as part of the card. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Elena said...

What a beautiful card! I love the stamp you used! So unique! Thank you so much for sharing your story! And thank you for playing with us this week!

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love the distressing and the whole theme is fab, thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Dawn said...

Wow what a gorgeous card and so different - love to see new takes on our sketches - great embellishments..

thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

Kerry D-C said...

Fabulous card!! How perfect that you already had a stamp!! I love the map background too! Thanks so much for participating in this week's 3 Clovers Thursday Challenge! It is fun to see how everyone interprets where they are from.

Sally said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma

Vee said...

Love this card and the image. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Heather said...

Oh Lorraine - I'm blown away!!
This is unbelievably fantastic.
I was born in Halifax and spent a lot of time in York, especially when my brother went to uni there, so this really brought out feeling of nostalgia.
Your treatment of both that amazing image and the map is awesome and your details fabulous.
Thanks for sharing this with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx