Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Simon Says Happy Mail :-) and blog candy winner :-)

What a fabulous response to our Happy Birthday Simon says Stamp Blog last week :-) Thank you so much for all your wonderful entries. Also we had an overwhelming response to our Blog Hop !! I have never had so many comments on my blog ! It was amazing and I appreciate every one of them. I received a few emails too so thank you for taking the time to email me with your lovely comments :-0
I have had a few requests for an exploding box tutorial. I have never done a tutorial but I will have a go so watch this space !!

We have a very special challenge this week. We are sking you to make a card ( or 2 !! ) for a poorly child and send them to children on the POST PALS or MAKE A CHILD SMILE website.

POPPET is in our Designer Spotlight this week, she has made a fabulous card and has written a few words about what it means to receive cards so please go to the Simon says Stamp Challenge Blog to see them, don't forget to go to her blog too and leave her a comment :-)




As you can see I made my card using the lovely Simon Says Clear Stamps CAT and DOG ARE BEST OF FRIENDS Exclusive Set
that some lucky girl( no boys entered !! ) will be winning in a few mins !! I will be doing the random generator draw before I publish this post !! Am soo excited !! I wonder who it will be :-)



I coloured the image with copics and 3D'd parts of it. The background was made using distress inks that had been dabbed onto a non stick craft sheet, sprayed with water then the card was swirled around in it :-) I love this technique ! So easy and the effect is fabby I think !!
The papers are DCWV pets stack and the little blanket was an old bit of flannel ( face cloth to posh people !! )lol
The sentiment is from the same Simon Says Clear Stamps CAT and DOG ARE BEST OF FRIENDS Exclusive Set

I followed the fabulous sketch by Beatrix
on the Friday Sketcher's Challenge
so I will be linking this :-)

OK now for the Random Generator ,,, drum roll here ,,,,,

Here are your random numbers:

4

Timestamp: 2009-06-24 07:56:48 UTC

Congratulations IRIT SHALOM
If you email me with your address I will ask Heidi to post this stamp set and a surprise out to you :-0

Thanks to everyone for taking part and I am sorry that I couldn't give the set to you all but it would bancrupt Heidi if we did that !! :-)

Thanks for looking. I really appreciate your comments so please leave me one but more importantly don't forget to actually post the cards you make for the challenge to a child. We have no way of enforcing this but we trust you all :-)

The DT have made some gorgeous cards for you to see so please go and see them :-)

Lorraine x x x

15 comments:

L said...

Love the shades of brown. Cutesy card.

Congratulations, Irit!!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Stef H said...

what an adorable card.

hugs,

Sue said...

Lorraine, what a cute card. Love the puppy and the kitty. Lucky recipient.

Mephisto said...

Hi Dear,
very sweet Card! Love it very much!

Hugs
Domi

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lorriane,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Emma said...

Fantastic card...really adorable.
Emma x

Iris said...

Your card is so sweet, really love it.

Hugs
Iris

Powerful Search Engine said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine they are such a sweet couple. Whoever gets this will love it, hugs Pascale

Chris said...

What a super cute card - I love that little rug with the toys. Really wonderful papers too! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Sketchers this week - I'm so excited to be the sponsor and am having so much fun visiting everyone!

kathy said...

Love your blog
The cards are adorable

Unknown said...

oh lorraine, how cute and so fantastic. such a funny image.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea

Timcso said...

Very cute card Lorraine! Beautiful the papers ad the colors!:)

Tímea

Annie said...

Hi Lorraine
Thank you for joining in my blog candy - love your card. I do hope everyone posts their cards for this cause. It is so worthwhile.

I have done them in the past and intend to make one or two on a regular basis.

I love your cards - I'm going to have a little look around your blog now - it looks very interesting.
Ann xxx

Tammy said...

Lorraine...Your card is adorable!! Fantastic coloring and what a wonderful challenge this week! :o)

mueppi said...

Ohhhh....... Lorraine
what a beautiful card with such a cute image!!!!!

Lorraine, I don`t know what I shell do with my " Happy Mail card "?
Will I have a name of a child and the address?
Big hugs Gisela