Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Next level and Cute Card Thursday Challenges :-)



I made this card following the fabulous sketch on The Next Level Challenge :-)



The base card is papermania double sided card that I distressed using a stitch cutter ( unpicker) and inked with shabby shutters and old linen distress inks. The Tilda image was coloured with copics and 3D'd onto the panel of card that I had also coloured with shabby shutters ink and stamped with a PB fantasy tree in brilliance ink.This was layered onto some brown/green coredinations. The flowers are Prima ones and the velvet brads are papermania that I also inked with shabby shutters. The gorgeous ribbon was in Steph's give away that I won :-) Thanks Steph :-)



I cut 2 tags out on my cricut, one in the coredinations and the other in the papermania card. I also inked the tag with shabby shutters and stamped the sentiment and the bird with stamps in the Simon Says Clear Stamps SENDING SUNSHINE Exclusive Set, this is a fabulous sentiment set. I use it all the time !!

I am also entering this into the Cute Card Thursday Challenge whose theme is 'Tag you're it '

Thanks for looking. I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)

Lorraine x x x

16 comments:

Stef H said...

this is lovely. i'm really liking the colors!

hugs,

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, Tilda looks fab and I love the birdie tag. Never thought to use that tree for background is brilliant.
luv
Debby

Joey said...

Hi Hunny

this is super! awesome colour combo I love these together, love the tilda you used.

Joey.xxx

Swaantje said...

Ohhhhh...this card is so lovely!
The colours are great and the little bird is sweet.

Hugs
Swaani

Crafting Queen said...

Hi Lorraine, this is wonderful. Anesha

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous card stunning colouring of your image ,love it
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lorraine this is one impressive card I love the colours you have chosen your design and image its all great.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Lorraine, love the card, just wonderful, what a great combo, of challenges

Lynne in NI said...

Wow... stunning card Lorraine! I love how you used your distressing inks and created the little scene behind your Tilda.
Lynne
:o)

Anonymous said...

this is fantastic, gorgeous papers and colouring.. wonderful hugs rachxx

Sue said...

How thoughtful of Tilda to bring the wine! Great card Lorraine, love the stetch and the colors you used are perfect.

Ann said...

I so love this card Lorraine, the colouring is beautiful and the pretty details are just perfect. xx

Jill said...

absolutely gorgeous Lorraine, I love the tilda image and the hidden tag, great sketch hugs Jill xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wowee, this is just beautiful! So creative too. I love it.
Hugs
Lynda =)

Riet said...

What beautiful Lorriane,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OH Lols,
This is simply gorgeous! I thought your stuff couldn't get any cuter...and it did! SOOO CUTE!
luv,
Heidi