Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Penny Black Saturday :-)

I made this card for the Penny Black Challenge who are celebrating their 1st Birthday following the fabby sketch by Michelle O on the Spoonfull Of Sugar Challenge :-)
I just realised that I missed being able to enter the DT blog candies as we had to have them linked by 8am ! I actually made this yesterday and didn't upload it ,,,, :-(



I made this card using tyher gorgeous PB Bubble of Joy stamp. I coloured it with copics and 3D'd him :-)



All the patterned papers are from Basic Grey Porcelain book and I also used brown/pink coredinations, I love this stuff !!

The sentiment was stamped onto a strip of the card I used for the base using a stamp from a Simon Says Clear Stamps SIMPLY THE BEST SENTIMENTS Exclusive Set

All the edges of all the card and papers were inked with antique linen distress ink. The flowers are prima ones and the velvet brad is Laura Ashley. I also used a few Robins Nest Dew Drops

Thanks for looking. I really appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)

Lorraine x x

11 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lorraine I love this card the colours are so effective as is that cute little image. Love your techniques the layout is quite fab.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine luv the image lovely papers, shame ya missed the deadline hun, sue.x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the papers and the image is just adorable. Must stop typing now. Hope you have a great weekend. anesha :-)

CarlaKH said...

oh this is too cute. if it needs a home let me know ;)

Stef H said...

this is super. love the color, the layout and that bubble is terrific.

hugs,

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

it's a beuatifull card Lorraine. I just love this image, i have a small one from the clearstamp set and I just love it. I love the papers from BG. :))

Rosalien

Jill said...

aww Lorraine I'm so sorry you missed entering the DT candies, how annoying, your card is stunning and I love your colouring hugs Jill xx

Jackie said...

Very cute card, lovely colouring :o)
Jackie

Mephisto said...

Hi Dear,
your Card is wonderful! Like this Image very much!

Thanks for joining in the PBSC-Birthdaychallenge.


Greetings
Domi

Crystal said...

Lorraine he is soooo sweet!! What great colors for this cute cute image...beautiful work!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lorriane,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x