Friday, August 29, 2014

Happy 21st Birthday Amy :-)

Hi all :-) I hope you're all OK and looking forward to a nice weekend :-) 

It was my daughter, Amy's, 21st birthday yesterday ( I was a very young Mum ,,,,,, lol)  and this is the card I made for her. 


I saw Stephanie Klauck demo'ing with these dolls at the Simon Says Stamp Create Event and couldn't wait to get one for me. It's just like those fab books we used to have as kids where you get to cut out a doll and then a whole wardrobe of clothes for her. 


I also used a Prima stencil to create the background. I love how it turned out and so did Amy ;-) I used a Prima Sparkling Spring paper pack which I just realise has been discontinued.

I finished the inside ,,,,


and this is Amy with her cake, baked and decorated by a lovely Gozitan lady called Rita :-) Thanks Rita XX It was beautiful and tasted fabulous :-) Those flowers are handmade sugarcraft ,,, isn't she clever !! 


Thanks for looking :-) 

Challenges
Craft for the Craic ,,, Unused craft item, the stamp and the stencil
Cute Card Thursday ,,, A/G
Diva's By Design ,,,,, Happy Birthday
Little Red Wagon ,,,,, Girl Power
Simply Create Too ,,,, Show something new (the stamp and the stencil)





Hope you all have a great weekend  :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

11 comments:

Laura Sterckx said...

Beautiful card, Lols! :) Happy birthday, Amy!

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous image Lorraine and love the design.

Don't they grow up so fast. The cake looks yummy.
Hugs Sharon. x

Pretty Cards 4 You said...

What a really lovely card. I love the girl you have used and also the stitching you have done which gives it some depth. Thank you for joining us at Divas By Design. Georgina x

ionabunny said...

Great card. I haven't seen this doll before. Like I need more of these LOL. Well, maybe just this one ROFL Hugs

She's A Busy Girl said...

What a fabulous card! Lucky daughter you have there ;)

kimberly storti said...

Lovely card!!!! Happy Birthday Amy!!!!!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It's a beautiful card and your daughter is beautiful! and love how you used the vellum speech bubble. I'm not one to count years because my youngest son turns 21 soon and I had him in my 40's....yup...that/he was a surprise.

Tracy Penney said...

Great card and I just love the background you created for your image. Thanks for joining out Girl Power challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...I love your sweet image and that cake, oh my goodness! I am sure it was as yummy as it looks. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card, love the background you created and fabulous image, cake looks awesome too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Lorraine: Your birthday card is beautiful--cake looks yummy. Glad you joined in our Simply Create Too Challenge #69 - "Show Us Something New" [& thanks for telling us what 'new' you used].

Smiles,

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com