Sunday, January 26, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Large Heart Doily

Hi all, are you having a fab weekend ? the sun is shining here today, but there is a cool breeze blowing ,,, brrrr :-)

I am her today to share a card I made using one of my all time fave dies, this is the new Large Hearts Doily from the Valentine 2014 release, isn't it pretty ! When I saw Jen's lovely sketch for this weeks Less Is More Challenge I thought this would work nicely :-)


I used a strip of acetate across the middle, and I really like the look of this, but it was a fluke. I did use a stencil to create a design and made a bit of a mess of it so I chopped it out and replaced with the acetate,,,, a happy mistake :-) 
I used some silver twine to thread around and make a bow then wondered what else to do ,,,,, hmm ,, I then decided to use the falling hearts stencil and some silver embossing paste to create the design across the bottom and I used the Small Love You die to finish. 

It is my sister and hubby's 25th Wedding Anniversary soon and I was going to pop a 'Happy Anniversary'  sentiment on it but I preferred the die cuts, so I will have to send this to my sister, or her hubby,, so that one of them can give it to the other ,,,, would look weird if I sent it ,,, haha 


I should have taken a photo of the inside too, I covered the inside with more white card and adhered another die cut heart, this covered up all the tape, glue and 3D pop dots. Looks very neat :-)
Thanks for looking and I hope you're having a lovely relaxing Sunday and managing to find some crafty time too ,,, I now have to go and tackle a HUMONGOUS pile of ironing ,, ughugh 

Challenges :
 Less Is More,,,, Sketch
Hiding In My Craft Room ,,, For a Loved One 
Brown Sugar ,,,,, Embossing ( I used paste)
ABC ,,,, 'D' is for Dazzle 
Ruby's Rainbow ,,, Use a Doily 



Hope you all have a great weekend :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

19 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is gorgeous just love the heart die anyway but the threaded silver matalic string looks amazing also the acetate truly beautiful x

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Chrissie said...

Using acetate when it's not specifically requested is most exceptional Lols!
Fab-u-lous card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Nikki said...

This is gorgeous. Love everything about it. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Wishcraft said...

Love that pretty heart die and your acetate design is fabulous (and very brave!). Love it Lols :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Mandy said...

Stunning card Lols, so elegant and pretty
hugs Mandy xx

Sue - said...

Gorgeous love the acetate. Definitely a happy mistake!

Mrs A. said...

Fluke or not that is a lovely idea with the acetate and it looks fab. Hugs Mrs A.

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, the acetate makes it very elegant, great embossings, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

kimberly storti said...

Love this card!!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous and I love how you've used the acetate
luv
Debby

Gerrina said...

This is a great card! Love how you used the acetaat and are currioes how the inside looks... Have a creative and fun week, Gerrina

Anne said...

Hi Lols
Super card and the "accident" acetate is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week
Anne
Less is More GD

Annette said...

What a fabulous "mistake". Love it.

Laurie HIMCR said...

So beautiful and elegant! Thanks so much for sharing your 'fluke'! I love it when mistakes turn out that way! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

mags said...

This is beautiful Lorraine. The heart doily is gorgeous and love the use of the acetate. A very happy accident.
Mags
x

Lena said...

Stunning card! Love the use of the acetate and the sparkly heart.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Lena – DT Member
xxx
Lena’s Creations

NickScrapShack said...

Love the see through bit... Very nice soft colours makes it look very elegant...

Thank you for playing with us at Ruby´s Rainbow this month. Hope to see you back soon again and good luck!
Nick

Debbie said...

Wow this is an elegant card?Love the doily die.Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie