Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shaken not Stirred ,,,,,

Hi all :-) I hope you’re all enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, no cooking for me today we are going to a Scouts fundraising lunch ,, always yummy food ,,, not sausage and beans ,,, :-) Unfortunately it was supposed to be Al Fresco in Dwejra, a beautiful area and a World heritage site,, instead we will be in the Scouts Hut ,,, all good fun tho :-)



When I saw the theme on the Less Is More Challenge this week I just had to join in ,, this stamp arrived on Friday, my latest purchase from Simon Says Stamp ,,,,,shhh and it was PERFECT for this challenge :-)

This cute House Mouse stamp is called Olive a Party ,, this has been on my wish list for months and it finally found its way into my basket. I coloured with copics and embossed the lower edge with a bubbles embossing folder.

Now came the tricky bit ,, after seeing the font Chrissie used on her card ,, I HAD to use it too ,,,, well ,, the kids are now in Malta, so no help with computer ,, it took me HOURS to add it ,, I was watching video’s on you tube, reading idiots guides ,, well ,,, it was all foreign to me but in the end it worked and I have no idea how I did it ,,, !

I used SU Old Olive and Whisper White card ( bought from Mandi xx) I added a couple of Hero Arts pearls, coloured with a copic marker, and a few spots of Art Institute glitter for sparkle.



edited ,, just noticed that I didn't move my name to bottom corner ,,, oops ,,,

The recipe of my personality :-)

3 parts Uniqueness
2 parts Inspiration
1 part Daring

And a Splash of Savvy

Finish off with a squeeze of lime juice :-)

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your comments so please leave me one xx

Challenges

Less Is More ,, Cocktails

Bling It On ,,, No Patterned paper

By the Cute and Girly , Anything Goes + 2nd Birthday Blog Hop


32 comments:

Sue said...

Love your card Lols,it made me smile.Hope you had a fab time.
Hugs Sue

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - love the embossing bubbles at the bottom - fab idea...Ummm Scout hut - though I will swop - off to see in laws....ummmmmm scouts v in laws....You win!!!!!!
Sarah x

Hannelie said...

So sweet!
Love
Hannelie

Carissa said...

Great card. I love the embossed and shimmery bubbles.
Hugs, Carissa

Christine said...

Hi Lols awwww how sweet are these cute mice always up to mischief.. gorgeous colouring love the clean layout one stunning HM creation

smiles Christine s xx

Kathyk said...

YOur card is simply adorable - I love the image and your embossing folder too

Kathyk

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Lols, it is the most perfect image isn't it, I got mine at my last craft show and it has so many uses, I do like these ones. Love how you have presented it too
Hugs Kate xx

Suzilou said...

aww how cute is this stamp! and love thw sparkly bubbles :)

Vicky said...

It's brilliant Lols....what a sweet image and the sentiment looks fabulous too...even tho' it took you hours....Oops...

have a lovely afternoon...big hugs Vicky xx

Joey said...

Love this Lols, great layout and fab embossing. Joey x

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant Lols! Love it! xx

Chrissie said...

Great card Lorraine, maybe we should add instructions for adding a font to one's font file in the Help Page at the top of your blog.
This is a great card and the font of course, is perfect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue from Oregon said...

Very fun...what font is that?

Unknown said...

Awww how cute, this must be one of the cutest House Mouse stamps, love it :) .. I was going to ask you about your lunch today.. yes it seems the weather forecasts were right!!

Andrea said...

love it, so funny and cute

Andrea said...

love it, so funny and cute

Jenni's Jems said...

What a really sweet card and well done for getting it right in the computer must admit not the best in that area either! x

Mandi said...

Perfect image
Perfect card
Love it,
Thank you Lols
Mandi LIM

Wendy said...

Fabulous card,love the image and embossed bubbles look great.
Wendy xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Fab card Lols, love the image and the fonts fab, gorgeous hints of sparkle, hugs Liz xx

Erin- said...

So fun! Everything ties together perfectly! I particularly love the sparkly embossed bubbles. Adorable.

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful card! That image is just great, and I love the way you've colored it. Great layout and wonderful embossing.

debby4000 said...

So cute Lols.
luv
Debby

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card
Beryl x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh dear... I can't help feeling a bit worried about those mice! Will they survive the party?! Lovely card Lorraine. Vx

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Stupendous!!! Such a striking card without lots of fiddly stuff-
LOVE IT ;

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Fantastic card Lorraine!!! Why can't I be that good in Less is more grrrr I always add and add..... and look at your card wow!! Love it!!!

Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly. Have fun with our 2nd anniversary blog hop and good luck!

Hugzzz
Tammy xx

If you haven’t seen it yet, I have some candy up for grabs at Creations LaDiva :)!

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous card Lorraine, that HM image is just perfect for this challenge theme. I just love those meeces, they're soooo cute :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

Mrs.B said...

Great card. Love the image, and it looks perfect CAS.
Avril x

Jenny said...

A real cute, fun card Lorraine...perfect for this weeks challenge :)
I'm dreading when our daughter goes to uni because she's our computer whizz too!
Jenny x

America said...

FABULOUS clean crisp look! So glad you finally got this stamp off your wish list! Its so fun and way adorable. Now about those happy drinks.... lets get together for a girls night out and share one. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!:)

Patsi said...

Love this card, very clean looking and great image. Thanks for joining us at Bling It On... xx