Monday, October 25, 2010

A Quickie :-)

I am REALLY sorry I missed the Bah Humbug Challenge last week ,, it was vellum and as the challenge on the ABC Christmas Challenge is 'V' I really SHOULD have added vellum !! So ,, in way of an apology I have made an Elegant Card ,, which fits their theme for this week ,,, and I added vellum too :-)



This Fantasy tree by Penny Black is one of my all time fave elegant stamps ,, I have almost worn it out !! definitely one of my better buys :-) I used Versacolour ink and silver embossing powder. the base card is navy blue and I used some SU paper which was a gift from Mandi from when I ordered a load of SU goodies from her :-) I also used some lovely sparkly vellum and ribbon from my local Binky Crafts, the red rose is Prima. I also used a Martha Stewart Icicle Punch ,,, another of my better buys ,,, well used !! :-)



Challenges:

Bah Humbug ,,,,, Elegant Christmas Card
Keep It Simple ,,, Take a Bow (and simple)
Christmas Card ,,,Include flowers
Totally Gorjuss ,,, Sparkle
Christmas Stampin' ,,, Something Metalic (silver emboss and silver stardream card)

Thanks for looking :-) I love reading your comments so please leave me one :-) xx

21 comments:

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card hunni
LOVE that tree, I have it but didn't use it last year...must remedy that this year, as I havent seen many/any christmas stamps I like for this season :(

Thanks for joining us at KIS, hope to see you again next week

mandi xx
ps Thanks for the shout hun :)

Crystal said...

WOW Lols what a BEAUTIFUL Tree and I LOVE LOVE these colors and your layout!!!! GORGEOUS CREATION!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
I love this card. This is a fantastic image and the papers and colours are beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Annie said...

oh totally gorgeous Lorraine - so good that we will forgive you for missing last week! I love tree stamps - haven't got this one but quite a few that are so similar that I can't justify buying another really - well maybe I can.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Anne said...

smashing card Lorraine, love the tree, it's gorgeous especially with the added gems
Anne x

Max said...

WOW Lorraine,
This fabulous card more than makes up for your absence last week.
Have to laugh at our Ann with her love of trees. Hmmmm ... I wonder if she was a dog in a previous life LOL!
Thank you for sharing your gorgeously elegant card with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow!! Simply gorgeous Lols. That tree is soooo beautiful.
Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

Truly stunning - I love it so much! xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Lorraine,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Lorraine. I have this stamp somewhere and have never used it. Slapped wrists LOL.
It looks very elegant and I love all the sparkle!
Clairexx

Irene said...

Hello Lorraine

Wow what a fabulous card - it's gorgeous and soooooooooooo elegant.
I love navy and white with just a touch of red - perfect. And wow that tree stamp totally agree with you definately elegant and fab.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah! Humbug!
irene
xxxx

Lorraine said...

Wow, beautiful card! That decorated silver embossed tree is gorgeous!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Such a Gorgeous card Lols. I love the colour combo. The tree is so sparkly gorgeous and I love the flower in the bow. Thanks for playing with us at KIS Hugs Pascale

starcyl said...

This is elegance personified. I just love it.
Jenny x

Annie said...

Hmmmmmmmm after Max apologising for her comment on our blog I just had to come and see what she had put! She used to be such a good friend!
Good job I luv her.
Ann xxx

downrightcrafty said...

oh love the V ellum really pretty behind this delicate tree I can see why it is your favorite, thanks for the comment cannot wait to play tomorrow evening, was on catch up of comments today :( so no playing yet but I suppose I can't have everything
enjoy your week
Hugs Kate xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, elegant card Lols love that tree.
luv
Debby

Haystack Creations said...

stunning, I love this tree too.

Anonymous said...

beautiful this is one of my fav stamps too! and like you on of my used and worn stamps lol! love the colours you have used too! and the added Vellum :0)

Glennis F said...

What a gorgeous stamp - I am envious

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!