Monday, May 15, 2017

Simon Says: Home Sweet Home










Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Home Sweet Home 
There are so many ways to interpret this challenge we will be looking forward to seeing what you create!

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store

Please don't forget to pop by the lovely Dr Sonia's Blog, Sonia has made another fabulous creation for the challenge and it would be lovely if you could pop by and leave her a nice comment too :-) Sonia lives in India, in Kerala, which is the inspiration for my project! 

We went to India last September for a vacation and stayed in a beach bungalow in Kerala for a few days, there were lots of palm trees and long stretches of empty beaches! It was amazing! There were millions of tiny sea shells, a perfect size for crafting I thought, so I collected a few to bring home with me! 

I used a Tim Holtz Village Dwelling and Surf Shack to create my little beach hut!


I first made the house base with strong card stock and then used watercolor paper to create the walls. I used a woodgrain stamp and then drew the lines to make them look like wooden planks. 


For the roof I used an embossing folder to make it loom like wooden strips. 


and this is the beach! miles and miles of sandy beaches and the only people we saw were fishermen!
happy memories ;-)




Thanks for looking! 

So now it's YOUR turn to get creating!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too





You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Challenges:
Mixed Media World.   Photo Inspiration
Creative Artiste  Anything Mixed Media Goes 
A Inky Mess   Anything Mixed Media/Altered Art 
Ooh La La  'B' for :  Beach Hut




Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

17 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

I LOVE this lols, it is perfect and such a fantastic keepsake and reminder of a great time.

Wynn said...

Stunning creation and I imagine a lot of thought went into this. Love the photo of the beach too. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

Susan R. Opel said...

Simply ADORABLE, Lorraine!

Catherine said...

This is awesome, Lols. It reminds me of our summer vacation on the beaches of Cayucos in California. Some of my favorite summers were spent there. I love all the details you put into the beach house, it's perfect!

Cathie ♥

Paula Cheney said...

super fun! love the bright colors you used - what a great kickoff for this weeks theme!

Missy Pink said...

That's so cool.. such fun and makes me think of SUMMER!! Great idea and love the colours you have used too, Hugs x

Macarena said...

Wow! This is summer coming soon! LOve the project and its colors! The open doors are so cute! Love the scene and would love to be there right now! Hugs, Marzena

Maura said...

Is that Hawaiian swing music I am hearing? Cute, cute little beach hut...how about we find a real one like this for some beach time? Great project, Lols! xx Maura

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a cool and beautiful beach hut! Love all the awesome summer elements! :)

Lori said...

Your surf shack is adorable and so much fun!!

Linby said...

wow this is sooo cute! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at OLL.
Lynn x
DT

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a stand-out piece! It makes me long for the beach and I love how you incorporated your own seashells and a picture of the beach to tie it in to your own beach story. I love the colors that you used which are happy and totally summer-worthy. You did an amazing job!

Lys said...

Summer is on its way! Great creation and fun colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Challenge blog.

Emma Williams said...

This is such a fun project, Lols ~ I absolutely love this little summer house...it's somewhere I would definitely like to escape to for a holiday! xx

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful, fun project!!!!!!!!

Kath Stewart said...

your surf shack is adorable Lols and the addition of the seashells with memories of your holiday in India was inspired...hugs kath xxx

Barbara said...

One of my favourite projects of yours! This little house is fantastic! Everything is perfect! Barbara