Monday, October 31, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday 'Thinking Of You' Challenge










Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Thank you for joining us for the Treat Bag/Box Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

This week the challenge is

Thinking Of You

The 11th November is Veterans Day, in Commonwealth countries it is known as Armistice Day. In 1918 it signified the end of the 1st World War and is traditionally a day to remember all of the armed forces who have died in the line of duty.

I am also thinking of all of our friends, Barbara, Zoey, and the people of Italy who have suffered yet another devastating earthquake, my thoughts are with you XXX

This is Nikki's last week with us in the Designer Spotlight and we have had a great time having you along as our guest! Thanks for everything XXX :-)


As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store



Traditionally poppies are the flower of choice for Remembrance Day but I have chosen to use Tim Holtz Wildflowers today. 


I used both the Wildflower Dies and Stamps to make this, aren't they beautiful! The card is a little bit bigger than normal so I made a special envelope to fit. 


I made the background using a gorgeous Memory Box Jourdana Collage Die, I used Watercolor Paper and then splattered with red and black ink. When it was dry I mounted it on foam adhesive squares over a piece of gold card. I love the look of this. 



I finished the inside too ;-)



So now it's YOUR turn!

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too



You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in


Challenges:
Creative Knockouts   Something To Say 




Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

15 comments:

Marci said...

This is a gorgeous card with a modern look.

Catherine said...

Your card is gorgeous, Lols! I love the flower, design and the all splatters inside and out. Beautiful!

Cathie ♥

Karen Petitt said...

Oh dang Lols! This is stunning! This stamp and die set has now gone to the top of my wish list, lol, just love it! x

Macarena said...

This is definitely my favorite project of yours! It's absolutely amazing. The background with small holes is just perfect here. The splashes of red and black are so a perfect touch! I love the red wildflowers and distressed edges. I LOVE this card! Hugs, Marzena

Beth Brovold said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine...what a beautiful design!!

Take care,
Beth

Stephanie said...

GORGEOUS, Lols! Love that punched die as a background :)


*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so very cool! Great vibe! Hugs, Autumn

Nikki Acton said...

What an incredibly clever design - simple but so very, very effective!!! Just brilliant. Thanks for all the support you have given me as guest designer and sorry I haven't managed to visit every week! Nikki xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous card, Lols. Great design! :)

Maura said...

Beautiful Lols! This makes me stop and remember. Love the way you transformed the wildflowers, and the background is just cool with all the holes! Love it! hugs, Maura

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I thought this was a really clever take on the poppy idea and it is always a treat to see how beautifully you decorate the outside AND the inside of your cards! No neglected card interiors in your hands and I love that! Thanks for inspiring me to up my game when it comes to doing the insides of my cards.

Kath Stewart said...

what a beautiful tribute to our servicemen and women...love how you always finish off the inside of your cards and great stamping on the envelope too...hugs kath xxx

Emma Williams said...

This is so striking, Lols! A wonderful tribute to servicemen and women and I love the design of your card...it's so beautiful and so detailed! Hugs xxx

Barbara said...

Thanks so much Lorraine for your thoughts! In Italy the earthquake is a big tragedy! Your cards are always fabulous! I adore the way your red flowers pop out through the card! Barbara

Sandra said...

Fabulous card, Lols! This is one of my favorite cards of yours, the die cut background is amazing and the flowers go so well with it! The splatters are amazing! Hugs, Sandra