Monday, May 23, 2016

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge : Make A Wish!


newchallenge

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

This week the challenge is

MAKE A WISH 

We usually  'Make A Wish' before blowing out the birthday candles, but you could create something with a wish in mind. I wish I was lying on a beach listening to the waves and reading a good book. What is YOUR wish? We will look forward to seeing what you make!

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store

50dollar_voucher_600px

I made a card to send Birthday Wishes!


The Tim Holtz Birthday Blueprints Cling Stamp Set is one of my all time favourites and perfect for both feminine and masculine cards. I stamped the cupcake with Jet Black Stazon and coloured with Peacock FeathersSqueezed Lemonade and Antique Linen Distress Inks, I then masked the image and splattered with Dylusions Fresh Lime and Vibrant Turquoise inks.  The Peacock Feathers Ink coordinates beautifully with Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue Card Stock so I used that for layering and then found a scrap of lime plaid to do down the edge. I finished with Washi Tape, Tim Holtz Paper String and a few dabs of Star Dust Stickles

My nephew and his wife had a baby boy a couple of days ago and I made a similar card using the Baby Blueprint Set for them. I used  Antique Linen Distress Ink to add shading to the onsie, but it is quite subtle and didn't photograph well. 


I finished the inside too, I really love how this turned out, super cute!! ;-)



So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting

new-instagram-icon22
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too



You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in 

Challenges:
Allsorts    Happy Birthday
Cute Card Thursday   Food and/or Drink
MAWTT  Man or Boy
Seize The Birthday    Birthday + optional dimension




Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

21 comments:

Catherine said...

I love your cards, Lols. The blueprint stamps are some of my favorites! I love the colors and the stitching. Great design on both! Cathie

Wendy L said...

Super design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Alison said...

Love these cards Lorraine xxxx

Stephanie said...

Totally fab cards, Lols! Love the aqua / lime green color combo :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for entering your lovely cards into the 'Male/Boy' Challenge over at Moving Along With The Times... Good Luck and hope you will join us next time. hugs Diane Louise (DT)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Fun cupcake and great colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

brenda said...

A super creation for our 7th Birthday celebrations Lorraine, many thanks for joining the party at Allsorts challenge.

In case I've not mentioned before, there are more Tattered Lace goodies to be won here

B x

Barbara said...

I love how you made a fun card with this design by using fun, bright colors. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member.

Anonymous said...

You make amazing beautiful cards, God gave you a fantastic gift,,
Blessings to you always.
Dottie

Kath Stewart said...

beautful cards Lols...that baby onsie is cute...great news...another bundle of joy to cuddle hugs kath xxx

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and that is one lovely cupcake and a great design too.
Also love the baby card.
Thank you for joining our Birthday challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

A splash of color said...

Two great cards.. gotta love Tim Holtz designs. Nice job.

Jeni said...

Darling cards, love these new TH stamps. Fab color combos ~jeni :)

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful cards Lols!! Love the colours and great layers.

Maura said...

Beautiful cards, Lols! You have some great things to celebrate, and the bright cheery colors are wonderful.

Barbara said...

Both your cards are so beautiful ! Colors are my favorite! Love your use of Blueprint stamps! barbara

Macarena said...

I love your playing with those stamps! I am in love with all of them and still don't have any! It's so hard to decide! Love your projects and sweet colors. Great designs! Hugs, Marzena

Meihsia Liu said...

Both cards are so sweet! Lols. I love the pretty color scheme and the adorable images. :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Fantastic structure and such a fresh color palette! I loved seeing how you could use the same general idea for more than one card. I also like how this was soft and elegant, yet totally manly enough for a male birthday card. Well done!

Jodene said...

Gorgeous cards and I love those colours! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Sandra said...

Fabulous cards, Lols. You're so good with those blueprint stamps. Love the color combo of blue with green. Hugs, Sandra