Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Newton's Nook 'Curious Christmas'

Hi all :-) I am here with the first ABC Christmas Challenge of the year! Now don't all groan at once, there are only 353 days left to the next one ;-)


'A is for Anything Goes'

(and don't forget the Christmas theme!)

I recently bought a super cute Newton's Nook Curious Christmas Set and I will be working my way through all of the adorable images :-)


Don't you just love this little kitty watching Santa go by on his sleigh :-) I made a starry sky by first masking the image and then I used Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Inks. I then sealed the ink with Micro Glaze before using a Falling Stars Stencil, White Embossing Paste and a sprinkling of Prisma Glitter. 
I coloured the cat with Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I then masked the sky, and inked the moon with Pumice Stone and a little spiced marmalade inks. 

I did think about adding a Star of Bethlehem to the top right corner, but I really like the simplicity of this, my eye is drawn straight to Santa and those fab reindeer :-)


Now I know Christmas is a long way off BUT if you join in with the challenges you will have  a lovely box filled with cards by the time Christmas comes around and none of that last minute panic or worse, buying them from the store !! ugh ugh

 Our sponsor for this challenge is Sami Stamps

Image result for sami stamps sponsor
Prize $12 gift card to the shop 


Challenges:
A Snowflake Promise   AG winter or Christmas 
Everybody Art Challenge   Everything Goes 
Show Us Your Pussies ( LOL)  Furrythings Goes 
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas   Anything Christmas 
Dream Factory   Santa Claus 



Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Card lorraine and love the distress inks for this card the cat is so cute watching out for Santa, Happy New year and thanks for being such an awesome Teamie xx
hugs me xx

Sarah said...

Aaaah, such a sweet card xx

Zw@@n said...

Fun card, Lorraine. The cat is adorable. Luv, Wilma

chrissy xx said...

Awwh! What a sweet scene you've created.
I LOve how you've used Micro Glaze. Will store that idea.
Chrissyxx

Sue said...

Lorraine, this is a beautiful card. I love your distress ink background and you have put all the element of this card together perfectly to make a gorgeous Christmas scene.
Sue...xxx

Adventures in Paperland said...

I love it Lorraine and can't wait to see what the other images bring. Terrific card! Happy New Year!

Helen said...

Aww...this is so sweet! Hope that cute kitty doesn't have to wait too long for Santa!
Helen x

Inkyfingers said...

What an awesome scene Lorraine and I love how you created it. I've not come across micro glaze before and it looks great.
Thanks for the warm welcome to the team:-)
Hugs
Carol x