Monday, November 9, 2015

Simon Says: Create Something Beginning With 'N'



newchallenge

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

This week the challenge is

Create Something Beginning With The Letter 'N' 

'N' is for  Naughty or Nice, Nautical, Navy, New, November, Neutral, whatever you can think of! We will be looking forward to seeing what 'N' you use for your crafty project!

As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store

50dollar_voucher_600px
I used Night and Navy for my inspiration and made a Christmas Card and Tag ;-)


On my recent visit to the Simon Says Stamp Store I bought these lovely Woodlands Thinlits Dies from Tim Holtz. I coloured some Watercolor Paper with Forest Moss and Evergreen Bough Distress inks and then die cut them. For the tree I popped the little pieces back into the tree and for the tag I left them out. I love how different the trees look using these different techniques. 


I inked the backgrounds using Stormy Sky and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks and then smothered with Micro Glaze before making the snow using a Falling Snow Stencil and some White Embossing Paste. The Micro Glaze creates a barrier and prevents the paste reacting with the ink so that the snow remains white. 

I added some Prima Glitter to the branches and I also used the small star in a Festive Scribbles Die Set, I used Pumice Stone Distress Glitter for added sparkle. 


For the tag I used the same techniques and inked the Crinkle Ribbon with the same colour stains.


So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting

Instagram

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!





You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Challenges:
Allsorts   Ribbons and Bows
Crafting With Dragonflies    Let It Snow
Fantasy Stampers    Winter Wonderland
Crafty Catz     Winter
MAWTT  Leaves and/or Trees 



Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

18 comments:

Wendy L said...

A really pretty card for our challenge, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxxx

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card and tag. Thanks for joining in at MAWTT. We hope to see you again soon. Zx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous snowy scenes! Love the shades of blue and the white snow! Beautiful tag and card.

Wynn said...

Love this and the idea of a matching tag....clever. Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Stephanie said...

WOW!! Beautiful, duo, Lols!! Love the layered dual toned tree in the card and how you trimmed it with a touch of snow! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lucy said...

Beautiful colors. Great idea on the tree as well.

Mia Scott said...

How beautiful, I just love the background. Thank you for joining in with the #300 'Winter' challenge at Crafty Catz. Mia - GDT Member xx

Maura said...

Lols, such a lovely scene! I feel like I am out on a winter night enjoying the snow and stars!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card. Very pretty.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz.

Tracey DTxx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and lovely set.

Thank you for sharing at my theme "ribbons and bows" over at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Meihsia Liu said...

Such gorgeous holiday card and tag! Love the beautiful winter scene. :)

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a great project, Lols! I love how you showcased the tree in two ways. Quite brilliant to use the outline and then the filled-in version and I really enjoyed seeing the versatility. Your subtle ombre shading in the background really made me think of those beautiful snowy nights and I adore the sense of peace and serenity these convey. Truly magical!

Barbara said...

Wonderful work Lols!!!! You know i'm a super fan of Tim and you've used these products in a wonderful way! I love so much your skies! Barbarayaya

Julie B said...

These die cut trees make a fab focal point on both projects. Love the one with the center missed out but they are equally effective.
Thanks for sharing at Fantasy Stampers. :)

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card, Lols! Love the night skies and those Christmas trees are so fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

Anna-Karin said...

These are wonderful Lols! I love the snowy winter background you created and the rich shades of blue. The trees are so pretty and touches of glitter are perfect.

Emma Williams said...

These are gorgeous Lols! I love the colours you've chosen and you've created the perfect wintery scene ~ just beautiful! x