Saturday, December 21, 2013

Simon's December Kit + Snowflake Cluster Bauble card

Hi all :-) I am here to share a card that I made using various exclusive products from Simon Says Stamp :-)

The snowflake cluster craft die is a new release and after seeing THIS card by the lovely Stephanie Klauck for this weeks Wednesday Challenge I sorta CASE'd it :-)


I used the lovely new exclusive cardstock and coordinating dye ink pads in Blue Violet. First of all I used the snowflake stencil from the December Kit as a mask and sponged the ink all over a strip of white card, moving the stencil as I went. I then used a snow cap dabber and pounced it all over the top before spraying with shine. I love how the colours in the ink merged to create this beautiful background ! 

I then die cut a circle of white card and glued the snowflake cluster onto it, I then smothered the whole bauble with glossy accents and sprinkled with rock candy distress glitter ,,,, YUM ! 

I still need to make a few more cards so to save a little time I made 2 the same :-)



Thanks for looking :-) 

Challenges :
A Creative Romance ,,,,, Christmas Sparkle 
Cut It Up ,,,,,, Christmas 
Totally Papercrafts ,,,, Christmas in Non Traditional colours 
Little Red Wagon ,,,,Non Traditional Christmas Colours
Crafty Hazelnuts ,,,, Christmas



Hope you all have a great Christmas ! :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Lorraine, seem ages since I have visited you hun, hope you are well xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Super cards, great backgrounds. Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Loz said...

these are gorgeous! I love the deep violet with the white, have a lovely Christmas Lols xx

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

These are amazing! Love the purple (and I usually don't like purple!!) It's perfect for these gorgeous snowflakes!

I love how you made them look like ornaments. Very clever!!

Thanks for entering our Christmas Challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Lin said...

Really stunning and unexpected in this purple, Lols - I love it!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful and the colour is lovely x

Lisa said...

Really stunning cards Lols! I love the background! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!
Hugs Lisa

nwilliams6 said...

The colors on this are wonderful! What an amazing card!

Bonnie said...

What beautiful cards! Love that background and the way you've done the sentiment! Great layout too!

Joanne said...

Such a stunning card! I would not have thought to use these colors for a Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Lorraine. Gorgeous snowflakes and design.
If I don't see you in blogland again this week, have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs Sharon. x

Darnell said...

This are really outstanding, Lols! I just adore the color! I wish you the happiest of holidays!! Darnell

KandA said...

Fantastic. Love the super design and beautiful colouring xx

mags said...

Beautiful card Lorraine. Love the design and colour.
Mags
x

Wendy said...

Beautiful cards Lols, love the colour and design...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts.
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Janeen said...

Very pretty. I am glad to know I am not the only one who still has to make anfew cards..

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 156 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for December - I'd love to see it there too. x

Linda Levoir said...

Beautiful cards, love the colours and design. Thanks for joining our Sparkle at Christmas challenge at A Creative Romance :) xx