Thursday, May 10, 2012

Less Is More ,,,, Yellow :-)

Hi all :-) I am making it a point to try not to miss the Less Is More Challenges ,, I really enjoy joining in :-)

This week Chrissie and Mandi are asking us for CAS + Yellow. I know some people aren’t keen on yellow but I love it ,, a sign of spring and daffodils ,,, lovely :-)




I bought this lovely Cheery Lynn Butterfly die on my recent trip to the UK whilst on a shopping trip with Mandy and this is its first outing :-) It comes in 2 pieces, a solid base and the filigree wings. I sprayed the solid part with yellow copics Y11, Y15, Y21 using my copic air brush. I then coloured the antennae on the fancy part with light grey and the body with Y23, then smothered with glue and sprinkled with White Glitter ,,, I loves glitter ,,,, :-)

I used a plain white base card and cut a square in the middle with a nestie, then I inked up a Hero Arts Flourish stamp with a Snow Cap dabber and stamped the front ,,, it leaves a lovely delicate design ,, very pretty :-) I added some acetate behind the window and stuck a sheet yellow DP from a Bo Bunny Ambrosia pack on the inside. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and I added some gems for even more sparkle :-)



Thanks for looking :-) I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)

Challenges :

Anything Goes Challenge ,,, Things with Wings

Crafty Boots ,,,, yellow

Crafty Calendar ,,,, Things with Wings

Top Tip Tuesday ,,,, CAS


22 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card, love that butterfly.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

And this is special too Lorraine what a fantastic card , fabulous details and image I love this .
Well done Hugs Elaine

carol said...

Hello LOLS lovely CAS card, looks fabuls, x carol

catherine said...

This is such a stylish looking card Lorrainne. Love the butterfly
x catherine

La Vikinga said...

Estupenda!

Love your butterfly!

La Vikinga / Sweden

downrightcrafty said...

so very elegant my dear and love the butterfly die and the sentiment beautiful
Hugs Kate xx

Mandy said...

I'm holding my head in shame my butterfly is still in it's packet,hasn't seen the light of day since I brought it on our shopping day....Your card is so elegant I love it,the butterfly is gorgeous....
Mandy x

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Lols... it's a fab die, there are some stunning ones around.
I love the touch of twinkle too.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue - said...

Beautiful!!

cheryl said...

oh this is stunning Hun,adore those colours,and butterflies,hugs Cherylxxx

Wendy said...

Stunning card Lols, love what you have done with that gorgeous Butterfly.
Wendy xx

Suzanne said...

Hi Lorraine, Gorgeous card. Thanks for your comments. I had a problem with my email and this is the first chance Iv had due to a mad day, lol

Hugs
Suzanne x

JD/ Jill said...

So stunning! Like how you put acetate behind the butterfly...this card is so creative with all those neat details...

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lols.
luv
Debby

Carissa said...

Truly stunning!
Hugs, Carissa

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous butterfly card, it is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Mandi said...

Gorgeous card LOVE that butterfly Lols
Terrific placement
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Laura Bradley said...

Simply stunning Lorraine! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar. Laura x

Flutterby Trina said...

Stunning, Love everything about this card! Thank for playing along with us at TTT with our Clean and Simple Challenge, good Luck and hope to see you again soon!

Steph said...

Wow, stunning and elegant! You've inspired me to use yellow!!! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon!x

Bettina L. said...

This is such a stunning card Lorraine. Love how the butterfly pops off the frame and out in the air;) Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Hugs Bettina xx