Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Simon Says …… TAG IT !! :-)

Simon Says Stamp

WOW!!! What a fabby turn out for last weeks Love Is In The Air challenge!!!! Lots of lurve'ly creations for us to pop by and admire :-)

This week we have another great challenge for you...

TAG IT

so make a tag, or add a tag to a card/creation

As you all know Tim Holtz is famous for his tags, so all the DT have used Tim Holtz products on their creations this week in his honour :-)
You don't have to use them, but if you have them we would love to see them used on YOUR creations :-)


We have recently started a MONTHLY CARD KIT , these are fabulous value for money !! Check them out HERE

Designed by oober talented Kristina Werner, this kit includes a wide variety of supplies--enough to keep you creating for hours! You'll also receive ideas via email newsletter with 6 project ideas using the items in the kit.


Isn't this GORGEOUS !!!

If you would like to order one you had better be quick, these are flying off the shelves, I wanted to give all our lovely followers a heads up !! :-)

As usual Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 voucher to her FANTASTIC Simon Says Stamp Superstore !! For fabulous tutorials, inspiration and candy you should keep an eye on the Simon Says Stamp Blog too



I really enjoyed making this tag, it might not be much to look at but it was fun making it ,, I got more ink on me than on the tag and my hands were a horrid shade of green for hours ( I need to buy a scrubbie) bit it was worth it :-)



I started with a tag ,,,and coloured with various distress stains. when it was completely dry I used a Dyan Reavey mask and sponged with Stormy Sky Distress ink, then brushed over with Blue Smoke Perfect Pearls. I used a strip of Tissue Tape down the left side edge and then stamped the butterflies from an Attic Treasures set. I then stamped them again onto watercolour paper and coloured them with the brand new Distress markers. These were a gift from Ranger when I attended a Tim Holtz class at the CHA , I have 6 of them ,, now need to buy the rest of them ,,, 31 to go ,,,, !!! I used an Elegant Flourishes die to cut out some grungepaper and I coloured this with Vintage Photo DI then embossed with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. I stamped the Paris, London stamp in the top R corner and added a Fleur de Lys charm, The ticket was made using a Ticket Strip Die and an Odds and Ends stamp, I used some bias tape, coloured with stains and then I finished with oodles of Rock Candy stickles on the butterflies.



Thanks for looking :-) Our fabulous Designer in the Spotlight, Linda, has made a gorgeous tag,, as have all the DT, so pop on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge to see them !

Now its your turn to get inky ,,,, Happy Crafting !! Smile

Challenges :

Simon Says Stamp and Show ,,,,,, Anything Goes !


17 comments:

Joy said...

I adore your tag Lols, and just my colour too...isn't it fun getting inky...hugs

Lou said...

Hi! this is really lovely Lols,gorgeous colours and detail too.
Hugs Lou.xxx

Mephisto said...

WOW, this is really wonderful hun!
Fab colors.

Hugs
Domi

Lorraine said...

Ooh gorgeous! Love all of the inking and the shimmer!

Heather said...

Gorgeous Lols, your stamping, both colours and patterns are fabulous.I love all the stunning details, especially with those beautiful, stunning butterflies.
How I need to de-ink my house - I's leave my hands - they will where it off.
hugs
xx Heather xx

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
a gorgeous tag, luv the colours, beautiful butterflys, sue,x

mags said...

Beautiful tag. Love the colour combo and those cute butterflies.
Mags
x

Jayne A said...

Beautiful tag. I wouldn't want to give it away.

Hugs
Jayne
x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful tag, Lols!! I love the colors and the way you popped out the butterfly wings :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lols, love all the details.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Lols, your tag is gorgeous hun!! LOVE the colors and the vintage style!! :) HUGS

SAMARA said...

Hi Lorraine, Thank you so much for dropping over to my blog. I really appreciate it! When I read your details, it said (I believe) a tag or something that would resemble a tag...I thought my die on the top of the stick was a tag??? LUV and Smiles...Please let me know...Samara

ellen vargo designs said...

Hi Lorraine - Thanks for popping over to the "vintage side" of SSS and entering our Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Your tag is really awesome! I'll have to pop over to your side, too! Have an awesome weekend! Ellen :)

Cathy said...

Stunnnig tag and I love the butterflies (note to self ... pinch that idea LOL!!).

Hugs
Cathy xx

Chris (catt871) said...

This is SO PRETTY! I love the butterflies and that swirl is gorgeous!!!! LOVELY colours too!
Hugs,
Chris

America said...

Gorgeous tag design with this fab combo of detail and color. WOW!

Mandy said...

Beautiful tag Lols, can't wait for my DI markers to arrive :)
hugs Mandy xx