Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Simon Says ,,,,,,, Anything Goes !! :-)



WOW !! What a fabulous response we had to our 'Sewing' theme last week ! Thank you all so much for your entries ! We picked up several tips on our way around, it's amazing what we can learn from each other !! :-)

Before moving on to this weeks challenge we would like to welcome Becca aka Becca's Crafty Corner to the team !! I am sure that you will all have visited Becca's blog but if not you are really in for a treat ! :-) Welcome aboard Becca :-)

This week we are having a 'Free For All' !! Summer is here and we know that lots of you are busy with younger children or going away on vacation so we thought we would open the doors and

ANYTHING GOES !!


The DT have been using stamps from Stamps Happen , if you have them we would love to see them but you can use anything you like !! :-)


As usual Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 voucher to her FANTASTIC Simon Says Stamp Superstore !! See the NEWEST stuff on the All New Just In Page For fabulous tutorials, inspiration and candy you should keep an eye on the Simon Says Stamp Blog too !!! :-)



For my card I used this gorgeous Fairy with Balloon stamp ,,, a popular choice this week as 3 of us have used it ! SmileI love quirky stamps and Stamps Happen make some fantastic ones !





I coloured her with Copics and cut her out using a spellbinders wonky rectangle ( LOVE it ! ) I stamped an extra balloon and used some black cotton to tie them on,,, didn’t want them floating off !! :-) I love the way the balloons are burst, very funny, and I added some glossy accents to the ‘outside’ bits. The papers are Echo Park from the Springtime pack and I used a Martha Stewart Monarch Double punch to make the butterfly which I coloured using my copic airbrush and yellow and pink markers. I added some Hero Arts pearls, some Robins Nest Dew Drops, some ribbon from my drawer and copious amounts of my compulsory Star dust stickles to finish.





Thanks for looking , Nadine and the DT have made some gorgeous cards for your inspiration so hop on over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge to see them Smile

Challenges :

Clear It Out ,,,,, wings

Craft Room ,,,,,, Butterflies

iCopic ,,,, Birthdays ( 2nd entry)

Magical Mondays ,,, Magical image + texture


edited : for those of you who read my PTW post yesterday, I chickened out and took my car instead of trying out the new bus service, it was REALLY hot and I wanted to make sure I had air con !! :-)

23 comments:

Mandy said...

Lols yopur card is absolutely gorgeous, that is one cute image and you are naughty you've made me want those nesties now lol
hugs Mandy xx

hazel said...

I love your card - fabulous colours and I love the beautifully coloured image. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Zoechaos said...

Have not seen this stamp before it is great fun, and what a great setting you have placed here in. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room challenge. XOXO Zoe

Margreet said...

Such a gorgeous card, Lols....love the image and your balloons are fantastic....great colouring!
xxx Margreet

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great card , great colouring and great stamping.

Marie

Heather said...

Hi Lols, I always think of this image as a he!!!, but SHE certainly looks fabulous in pink, purple and green and those wonky rectangles are absolutely made for her!! Fabulous layout and papers and I love the shiny balloons!!
hugs
Heather xx

Mephisto said...

WOW, really fantastic Card Lorraine :-)

Hugs
Domi

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lorraine,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

just wonderful, thank you so much for joining us at Clear It OUt

Maria said...

Gorgeous card and great image - it's coloured beautifully! I love Stamps Happen stamps. Good luck, and thanks for joining in at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Kim B said...

What a fun and cute card!! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge. Kim xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

All around gorgeous card, Lols! I'm particularly loving the balloons and pretty butterfly die cut ;)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Joey said...

Loverly card Hun, gorgeous paper and colours. Joey x

Debi said...

Lorraine, what a fun image- and beautifully coloured, thanks for joining us at Craft room challenge, debi x

Cheryl said...

Super cute card! I love how your image goes out of the frame. Fab papers too!



--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Lols, sweet image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww gorgeous card, awesome colouring, the balloons look fantastic, fab papers & design, sue,x

Basteltiger´s Welt said...

Hi Lorraine,

wonderful, adorable card .
So funny we picked the same image.
This is really one of my favourites.
Thanks for the chance of being a guest designer this month, this is so much fun.

Hugs, Nadine

Esther said...

Great fun card - and I love that Butterfly punch ! Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

Hazel said...

Adorable card, thanks for sharing it with us over at Magical Mondays,
H xx

thescrapmaster said...

Love your soft coloring on this one! Thanks so much for playing along with the iCopic challenge.
Hugs,
Samantha
www.thescrapmaster.com

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the image used and love what you have done with the balloons. Great dp.


Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

Jayne xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card. I love all the textures you added. Thanks for joining us at Magical Monday Challenges. We have another fun challenge starting today - Red and Teal color combo. Just remember, you must use a Magical Character to enter.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Magical Monday Challenge DT