Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Simon Says ,,,,, Lemon and Lavender


Hi all :-) Thanks for all your fabulous entries using Jane’s lovely sketch :-) Link

This week we have a nice easy colour theme for you to use ,,

LEMON & LAVENDER

As always Heidi will be giving one lucky entrant a $50 spree to her fabulous Simon Says Stamp Superstore !! My first port of call every morning after checking emails is to the ‘All New Just In section,,, there is invariably some new products in there that I NEED and have to add to my wish list !!



All the DT have used Penny Black stamps for this challenge, you don’t HAVE to but am sure you all have some so why not give one an inking !! Smile




For my card I used this gorgeous new Penny Black La Soiree stamp. I stamped the image with Memento Black ink onto Neenah card, I am so glad this is now available in store, perfect with Copics !! I coloured the image and cut her out using a Spellbinders Large Deckled Rectangle, cutting out the balloons first so that they could be slipped over the top of the die so they weren’t chopped off. I layered her bag and popped it up with pop dots for dimension, I then used my fave Star Dust stickles on her bodice and I squiggled a few lines with my copic multiliner to create a floor. The papers are from a Kaiser Craft Magic Happens pad. I made the 3 black pearls using Enamel Accents and brushed some of this onto her shoes too ,, they look like patent leather IRL !! I used a Martha Stewart Arch Lattice border punch, I tied a triple bow using a Bow Easy and added a Prima rose which I sprayed black using my Copic Air Brush. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.





The DT have made some gorgeous creations for your inspiration so pop over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge to see them Smile

Challenges :

Sketch Saturday ,,,, Sketch

Crazy Challenge ,,, Beautiful Women

iCopic ,,,,, Use your airbrush ( I only used it for the flower, does that count ?? it does show you can use it for a lot of things !! :-)

Stamps R Us ,,,, There was a little girl ,,, (who grew into a stunning young lady :-)

Dream Valley ,,,Ribbons

Glitter Geeks ,,,, Handbags and Gladrags ( new challenge my first entry ) :-)


Thanks for looking :-) I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-) xx


16 comments:

Edith said...

Wow, love that beautiful card! Great details!
Edith

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
a gorgeous card, luv this colour combo, great image & colouring, fab embelies & design, sue,x

Helen Anderson said...

Beautiful card Lorraine - full of fun! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Glitter Geeks and good luck.

P.S. I'm now following you on Twitter, and your blog :).

Helen xx

Dana said...

Yep.. lol! I think using it on your ABS on the flower counts : ) I love to match my embellies to my cards that way! Great card too! I love all those balloons and the image has a nice artsy feel. Thanks so much for joining us this week at icopic for our Airbrush challenge : )
Hugs~
Dana

Anonymous said...

Gorgious card Lorraine those Balloons Just popping off the page! WOW! :0)

Mephisto said...

What a fabby image!
And your card is really perfect with it!

Hugs
Domi

Vicky said...

She is so gorgeous Lols...and great colour combo too..!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Steph L said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine.

Thanks for playing with Glitter Geeks and Good Luck!

Steph xx

Peggie said...

Fabulous card. The yellow and purple are great. Love the bow.

Shannon White said...

Wow, Fabulous card! I love the color combo and your wonderful coloring. Super layout too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamps R Us! 8-)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Fabby work, Lols! You always give it just the right amount of sparkle and I love these stamps...they just need to eat a little chocolate! ;)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

melsanford said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours and the gorgeous layout. The ribbon detail is fab! Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

thescrapmaster said...

Great project!! Thanks so much for playing at iCopic.com this week.
Hugs,
Samantha
www.thescrapmaster.com

darling Ho said...

Sorry for late to comment.
Love the pretty colour combo and lovely image. :)
Thanks for sharing it. ~darling Ho~CCH-DT

Susie said...

Gorgeous card - love that ribbon! Thanks for joining our Ribbon challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x
PS - Loving your blog background and header:0)