Sunday, February 13, 2011

Simple card for the Less Is More Challenge,, not an embellie in sight !!! :-)



It is the Less Is more Challenge's 2nd week and as I sort of overdid it last week I thought I would give it another go !! :-) I am really hoping that I will get better at this 'look' as I do love it and wish I could do it better. So here is my attempt !!

The theme is One Layer Card with Flowers or Trees.

I have had this Stampendous stamp for ages, think it is discontinued now ,,, !! I coloured it with copics and added a little pearlescent chalk around the edges to soften them a bit. I couldn't resist adding some stickles here and there and a drop of glossy accents too !! The sentiment is from Papermania, I embossed this with clear EP. I need to make some quick and easy multi use cards, these are only 10x10cm,, so I thought I would make a few more ,,, what do you think ,,, are they OK ,,, or is it back to the drawing board ?? :-)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend :-) The weather is glorious here ,, sunny and warm !! Hope it's nice where you are :-)

14 comments:

Sarn said...

What a fun and spring-like card. A Perfect OLC.
Hugs, Sandra

Chrissie said...

These are true One Layer Cards Lorraine.. not an extra layer in sight...well done you. I would be interested to see these images on a larger card, to add a little extra white space to the whole composition and make the sentiment a little less prominent... are you game? can you do one and let me see?... you could of course tell me to push off! He He!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Lols, love your cards, I love less is more! Great colorus and flower images are lovely. Have a lovely week, hugs Heidi xx

Christine said...

Great sweet creations Lols think Chrissie is pushing yer bell?? LOL but knowing you you will raise to the chall..hehe
need to get mine made too..

smiles Christine xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Lols. Funny how the Less is More cards are harder to do! xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
fabulous cards, will be as good as the girls after all these lessons eh! lol, sue,x

Caroline Hallett said...

great cards - very spring like

Bonnie Weiss said...

I'm sure that challenge was more difficult that you would think. When you used to layering your cards with mats and pop dots and such, it's not easy to do something "flat". But you managed to do it well!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
These are beautifully crafted. I love the images and colours. Fabulous simple cards.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kat said...

Beautiful card Lols. I think you've interpreted the challenge perfectly.

Couldn't believe your comment about the weather till I remembered you're in Malta. Here in Aberdeenshire it has rained most of the day lol!

Kat xx

Anne said...

I like that Lols, really pretty
Anne x

Mandi said...

You will get there, your persistence is much appreciated
you have a couple more weeks anyways cos the slapping of legs doesn't come into place until week 5

lol xx

Deborah Frings said...

Such a sweet card - love the flowers!

Fiona said...

oh gorgeous...but then what else!!

Fi
x