Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Simon Says 'Charming !! ' :-)

Oohh it seems that more of you liked the sparkle than the love challenge !! Not a very romantic lot then I take it ha ha ha :-) Lets hope you like our 'Charming Challenge more :-) we would like to see charms on your creations ,, not necessarily bought ones ,, we would love to see some hand made ones too :-)

This week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge we have the FABULOUS Wendy Vecchi joining us in the Designer Spotlight :-) I am sure that most of you will know that Wendy designs her own range of stamps and is a top designer for Maya Road,tim holtz,idea-ology and Ranger !! :-) We are so lucky that she agreed to join us ! Pop over to the challenge blog to see what she made :-)




For my card I used the lovely EDWIN SANTA'S LITTLE HELPER ( I only just realised the name of the stamp when I went for this link ! :-) ) I bought this one in Holland at the craft fair but it will be in the Simon Says Stamp Store very soon :-) I coloured him with copics in traditional Santa colours ,,,, not the ones invented by Pepsi Cola !! and sat him on a Whiff Of Joy Sledge :-)
The papers are also Magnolia ones ,,, I was almost crying cutting into these and am now kicking myself for not buying loads more !! The snowflake charm and ribbon are from my stash. I also used a couple of hero arts snowflake brads.




The snowflakes are a mixture of puncehes and die cuts. I added loads of Ranger stickles EVERYWHERE :-) I love the glitter card too ,, that was from my local Binky Crafts store ,,, isn't it fab ! :-) The frame was made using a Nellie Sneddon multi frame :-)

I am entering this into the Just Magnolia Challenge, Martine has made a fabulous sketch for us to follow and unfortunately she is now stepping down from the DT ,, along with Rach and Kim :-( I will be sorry to see them go but am looking forward to seeing what the new DT girls Jacque, Sheila and Jane will create :-)
I am also entering this into the Quixotic Challenge ,,, who also have charms as their theme :-) that was lucky ! :-)

Thanks for looking :-) I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-) Also pop over to Wendy's blog and leave her some love too ,,, and of course the DT girls who have worked so hard :-)

I have pre scheduled this post as I am Christmas shopping in Malta today ,,, I will be back later tonight to do the candy draw and post the next one :-) So check back later ,,,, in the meantime ,,, go and create !! Happy Crafting ! :-)


12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Adorable Edwin card, he looks fab, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! LOVE the added sparkle!! Beautiful and darling!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!!! Girl, this is just STUNNING!!! THUD!!! LOVE ALL of it!!!...everything!! TFS!! HUGS

Anne said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww cute or what??? love this little guy Lols:)
I'll need to look into Nellie Sneddon as I've seen a few nice bits on cards with her bits and bobs. I'm assuming the dies will work with me cuttlebug
Anne x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lorraine,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

Wow this is so pretty Lols! Love all the fabulous detail and sweet image. The papers are gorgeous too x

Jane said...

Oh this is stunning! I love it! thanks for joining us at Just magnolia, hugs, Jane xx

having a {me} day said...

WOAH! This is just BEAUTIFUL! Love those yummy papers and the colours you picked up on for Edwin and the presents. Gorgeous card. keeleyxx

Martine said...

beautiful card sweetie, wonderful papers and embellies, loving those gorgeous snowflakes :) :) so sparkly :), thanks so much for joining us over at Quixotic Challenges this week :)

xx

Martine

Timcso said...

Such a wonderful creation Lorraine! Beautiful the colours! Love the image!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Ali Watson said...

Cute card love the colours and Edwin looks fab.

MarkerGeek said...

Gorgeous card, Lorraine!

Thank you for joining us this week at Quixotic Challenges!