Friday, October 23, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge DT Call

Ok ,,, I have finally finished my 2 cards for the House Mouse Monday ChallengeDT call :=) The first up is the OTT one :-)

I have seen several easel cards around and thought I would have a go at making one :-) I love this idea ! :-)



I chose a stamp called Purrfect Nails for my cards :-) I coloured the image wih copics and 3D'd it ,, I made several layers. The papers are from My Minds Eye. I distressed the edges with worn lipstick and a stitch unpicker ( I don't have a proper tool and find that works really well :-))



I used some Dusky pink card and grey coredinations too. the fancy edge was punched using a Martha Stewart border punch. The flower is from Prima and I sprayed it with silver glimmer mist,, the flowers and the mist were gifts from Heidi at Simon Says Stamp,, so thanks Heidi :-) x x The flower looks lovely and shimmery but it doesn't show up too well in the piccy :-/ I added loads of pearls and shimmer dots ,, some wide satin pink ribbon from the habberdasherry and the silver ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts. I think the big bow is definitely OTT and did think more than twice about putting it on but when Ray asked if this card is the 'Minimalist' one I thought I'd better plonk it on :-)




I just took this side viwe to show the 3D ing :-)



The next up is the 'Simplicity' one ,,, we were asked to keep it simple so the image itself is the focus of attention. I decided to keep the colours clean and simple ,, mainly white with a black contrast :-) I used some Doodlebug glitter card and some gemstones white coredinations, a strip of Papermania handmade paper ,,, gorgeous !! a little bit of white lace and that was all. The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp Exclusives set :-)




I coloured the images with copics ,,, only using greys and a light purple colour and a greem :-)



I would like to thank everyone for your good wishes and for keeping things crossed for me :-) A special mention to Funky Fairy Anne who is also keeping her eyes crossed lol :-)

This has been alot of fun and as much as I hope I am chosen I wish my fellow finalists all the very best of luck too :-)

Thanks for looking and I really appreciate your comments ,,,, I will be keeping EVERYTHING crossed ;-)


35 comments:

Christine said...

WoW Lorraine this is AWESOME work so much detail & both colour combos are brill colouring is fantastic... you really do deserve to be on the team with talent like this...best of luck...

hugs Christine xxx

stephanne said...

Lorraine, these are gorgeous and I know how passionate you are about these stamps, so I really hope you get to be one of the lucky 3, and good thing there are 3 slots so I can cross more things for more people, lol. Both cards are gorgeous, your interpretation of minimal is fantastic!! Good luck to you!! Have a great weekend!!
Stephanne

Unknown said...

good luck lorraine :) beautiful cards and I do like that bow on the first card :)

Sue said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love how you used less color on the simple card, very creative. Good Luck.

Penny said...

These are both fantastic. I like the silver dots on the second card!!!

Good luck (not that you'll need it)

Kat said...

These are both lovely Lorraine. I don't know which one I like best. I love House Mouse they are the cutest stamps. Fingers crossed for you.

Kat x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Your welcome for that cuppa anytime you are in London hunny. I love these two cards and the image is so adorable. Your three ding is amazing and both cards are extremely special. I've got everything crossed and hope to be seeing your DT projects very soon x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Good luck hun...both of your cards are fantastic!! xx

ribenaruby said...

What beautifully stunning cards Lorraine, love the bit about keeping the eyes crossed too! Wishing you lots of luck Lorraine.

pinky said...

Oh Lorraine these are stunning, you have chosen one cute stamp and showcased it so beautifully, Best of luck, you should be picked!!!
Pinky

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Lorraine, the HM images are so sweet and the layouts and elements on your cards are fantastic :) Donna x

cheryl said...

wow this is brilliant hun love them I will keep my fingers crossed for you hugs cheyrl xx

Danni said...

Stunning!! These are both just wonderful!!

Joey said...

Hun I shall keep everything crossed for you too!!! you have done an amazing job with both cards, so different yet the same image, the top card is truly beautiful with all the detail I love it, the contrast on the bottom is fantastic!. You would be an assest to the dt hun :O) Joey.xxx

scrapperjulia said...

They are both terrific! I especially love the cute mouse charm!

Jackie said...

An excellent pair of cards but if I had to pick a favourite it would be the second one :o)
Jackie xx

PinksyDoodles said...

Stunning cards Lorraine!
Clare x

Anonymous said...

Lorraine these are beutiful! I love them both! and if you don't get through I wanna know why your cards are soooo inspiring! :0)

Anneke said...

what a wonderful cards i see here on your blog

Wilma said...

Wow Lorraine - that cat looks REAL! fabulous design - such a stunning card!:)

Curt in Indy said...

Beautiful cards for this challenge. Best of luck to you! Curt

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Both cards are beautifully done. I've always admired your work,Lorraine and these are a fabulous example of why I do.

Smiles and best of luck!
Gwen

miriam said...

both cards a fantastic

good luck for the compation

hugs miriam

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Stunning cards Lorraine! Love them both! I do hope your lucky, it would be lovely to see more HM cards. Your colouring of them is fab!

Good luck hun!

Hugs
Maarit

Mina said...

oh wow this is just stunning, i love the papers, colours well everuthing really...and wow that bow
Mina xxx

Helen said...

These are both beautiful Lorraine!
Good luck!
Helen x

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Lorraine!
You have done a fabulous job on each style...best wishes for the DT!!!
take care hun
blessings, Maria

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Lorraine. Bet yiou find these easel cards addictive. I do!!
Clairex

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Lorraine. Both cards are simply stunning. They would be crazy not to choose you hun, you have a real knack with the House Mouse stamps.
Thanks for the tip about using the unpicker, to distress. I will try that out.
Caroline xxxx

cheryl said...

oh good luck hun you totally deserve a place this card is just simply stunning love cheryl xxxxx

kksb said...

Wow!!
These are great. The dimension on your OTT is fantastic! I am pulling for you.

Patricia Rose said...

wow, Lorraine... both of your cards are absolutely amazing... I love the easel card, dimension, distressed edges.... love all the fabulous details....
good luck....
hugs... Patricia Rose

Sue said...

Hi Hun
aww two beautiful cards luv them both, keeping all crossed for you hun, sue.x

America said...

Lovely work! Absolutely amazing details on both Hm cards. :) Love your take on this big challenge. Best of LUCK to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Both cards are stunningly beautiful--surely they will pick you! I can't wait to find out!
Hugs,
April