Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Simon Says Red and Green Should be Seen ! :-)

Oh wow ! what a fabulous response to our appeal last week ;-) we had a grand total of 218 entries :-) !! Thank you girls :-)

This week on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge we have a lovely colour combo for you :-)

RED AND GREEN

You can add other colours too,,, as long as there is a bit of red and green in there that's fine :-)

Does anyone know the saying Red and green should never be seen except on Fools ? Well hopefully we will be seeing lots of it this week :-)

This week TARA from Inking On The Edge has agreed to join us in the Designer Spotlight :-)She has made THE most gorgeous card :-) Please don't forget to leave her a nice comment :-)




I bought this lovely Tilda stamp and Magnolia tree last January,, daft time to buy Christmas stamps I know but at the time I was intending to make a christmas card a week !! Well !! This is her first inking ! :-)
I sprayed the background with my new copics air gun,,, oohh it is so much fun,, I still need to practise a bit but I do love the effect it gives ;-) I then stamped the tree and added green glitter. The Tilda was coloured with copics and 3D'd in front of the tree. I used a copics glitter pen to add more sparkle,,they are gorgeous pens, then I added the red crystal gem 'baubles'
The star was punched out and smothered in red glitter, the snowflake is a spellbinders die cut ,, smothered in glitter and the tree charm was hung on gold wire that I twirled around a skewer,,, oh yes ,, the paper is from a DCWV Glitter Christmas pack.

I followed Beckys fabulous sketch on the Sketch and Stash challenge
I am also entering this card in the One Stop Craft Challenge who are asking for Die Cuts.
The Spoonful of Sugar Challenge whose theme is 'Christmas'
The Creative Card Crew are asking for 'Sparkles',, well I couldn't make this more sparkly :-)

As usual Heidi at Simon Says Stamp is oferring a fabulous prize of a $25 shopping spree to her store , AND she will pay for the shipping !! Also if you visit all the DT you may find candy on some blogs !! :-)
Heidi is sponsoring my weekly candy and we are giving away some lovely Christmas Charms :-) See the top of my blog for details ! :-)

Please dont forget to leave the DT a comment when you go on a candy hunt ! :-)



13 comments:

Francesca said...

Delightful card such beautiful colours

Hugs
Francesca

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful. Anesha

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful festive card Lorraine, the background is lovely! So glad you reached the target for the challenge, hope you get the same number again :) Have a nice day, Ruby x

debby4000 said...

Adorable Tilda and I love the sparkly tree, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Max said...

The saying I know is ...

"Red and Green should never be seen
Except upon an Irish Queen"

... but as it refers to clothing, cards are ok with this colour combination so no worries =)

Hope to get my act together and join in with some challenges this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Chrissie said...

A fabulous card Lorraine, love the papers and colours with this sweet Tilda.
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

Jill said...

wow Lorraine where do I start hun? it's gorgeous I love the background and the xmas tree looks fab thanks so much for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, fantastic Christmas card Lols. Love this image of Tilda decorating the sparkly tree. Love the papers you have used too and that huge snowflake !

Hugs,

Jo x

Timcso said...

Wonderful card Lorraine! The Christmas tree absolute stunning!!:)

Hugs, Tímea

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Lols!!! I'm a sucker for sparkle and bling, and this card provides it in spades..wow! Beautiful!!

Thanks so much for continuing to inspire and being an integral part of our DT!

<3,
Steph

Claire Ellen Designs said...

This is really lovely, great sparkle ! thanks for joining in at CCC this week, hugs, Claire xx

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the sweet little image and all the sparkle!!

Tammy x

Donna said...

Stunning card Lorraine and amazing sparkle! Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x