Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Simon Says Back to School :-) + hidden candy :-)

As you know I have been on holiday for ther last 3 weeks so I haven't been around to visit your blogs but i will pop by in the next few days :-)

This week on the Simon Says Chellenge we have a Back to School Challenge :-) The DT have made some lovely creations for you to see so pop on over to the challenge blog to see them and don't forget to leave a comment too :-) We really do appreciate them :-) Also some may have hidden candy ,,,, so don't miss it !! :-)




While I was in London I called in the Paperchase shop and bought the pencil box which I thought would be perfect for this challenge :-)
I used some definitions paper which I tore and inked with Vintage Photo and Black soot Distress ink. The text around the top is from a fab Melissa Frances transfer set.

The notebook was made using some mountboard from my friendly frame shop ( he gives his excess bits to me for free !! :-))I covered this using the same definition paper and distressed too. I stamped various Tim Holtz Stampers anonymnous images onto the paper,, birds etc,,, . The 'Imagination' text was stamped onto a separate piece of card and inked with distress inks and sprinkled with distress EP too :-) I then used Vintage Photo crackle paint 'dolloped' around the edges ;-) When dry I sponged with black soot ink too.

The flower is Prima which I inked too and I used a Tim Holtz foliage flower in the center, the butterfly is a grungeboard die cut that I embossed with the cuttlebug script folder and inked ,,, I used a Tim Holtz ornate frame with a Melissa Frances vintage rub on text 'Dream' :-)

The mesh is something i have had for ages and is by Magenta :-)

With the exception of the mesh and paper,, everything I have used on this project is from the Simon Says Stamp Site :-)

Sorry that this is a long post ,,, I must have bored you to tears by now :-)

I will be offerring a set of Tim Holtz Ideaology ORNATE PLATES Book Hardware Frame Label as my weekly blog candy sponsored by Heidi at Simon Says Stamp Store :-) Please see a separate post at the top of my blog for details of how to win !

Luv
lols x x x

12 comments:

Helen said...

This is beautiful!
Sadly the 'Back to school' theme reminds me that I'll no longer have all this time to craft - I'm a teacher :0(
Helen x

Anesha said...

Wow, love the note book, fantastic. The pencil case is wonderful as well. Great job. Anesha

Emma said...

Wowzers these are totally stunning...
Emma x

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the vintage feel of this!

Crystal said...

This looks Amazing, love the vintage feel of this and the GREAT colors...wow your pencil holder looks awesome!!

SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is beautiful work! I really like the paper mache look on the pencil case and the coordination with the notebook, what a cool set!

Thanks so much for your creativity and innovation which contributes to an awesome DT! :)

<3,
Steph

Spicey Cat Chick said...

I love your notebook and pencil box! What a fun and stylish way to look 'scholarly'! EXCELLENT!!!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Lorriane,what a beautiful creations,i love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Timcsoca said...

Absolute amazing work! I love it!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Simone said...

What a wonderful set! I love this Vintage look!!! Absolutely great, Lorraine!
Simone

Moni said...

OMG so fab goregous project! Love it! Hugs,Moni

Nunt said...

This is so gorgeous it almost makes me cry as I cannot even begin to make anything so great! ;P

xx,
nunt