Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge





Hi Everyone :-) I have been feeling a bit guilty lately as I have been meaning to enter this challenge from the begining but due to having my friend to stay and my holiday home to the UK I just didn't find the time, better late than never though eh !! :-)
The theme this week on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge
is 'Mum's the word' as we have already had Mothers Day in the UK I decided to make a birthday/ celebration one instead :-)
The image is from Simon Says Stamp store and is the Simon Says Clear Stamps, Savour Sweet Cupcakes set. I coloured it with copics, 3D'd the icing and added a little crystal stickles. I didn't want to add to much shimmer as the paper is shimmery enough !! I also added a flower that I stamped using pink brilliance ink and some Robin's nest dew drops :-)
I also decorated the inside using a Funky Fairy's Papercrafts download and the text is from the same Simon says Exclusive clear stamps set :-) The entrance ticket was a free stamp from the Craft Stamper magazine, I masked the words and wrote my own :-)
The papers are DCWV glitter sweet stack and Funky Fairy's Papercrafts, the ribbon is by Martha Stewart, the text frame was hodgepodge hardware from SU. The text is from the Funky Fairy's Papercrafts download, 'Birthday Rounds'

Thanks for looking and I really do appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)
There is still a few days left to enter my blog candy so please have a look, it's at the top of my blog.

Lorraine x x

This post has been edited. I wasn't happy with the card as it was so changed it a bit :-) I flew back to Malta on a jet plane but think my mojo came by slow balloon :-) Think I've got it back now tho !!

18 comments:

Sue - said...

WOW - gorgeous card Lorraine. Off now to have a look at the challenge site - one I must have missed.

Unknown said...

Hi Lorraine

Lovely yummy looking card, love the sparkle and shimmer, wonderful layout too.

Thank you for playing along with the Stamptacular challenge this week and good luck.

Joanne x

Crafting Queen said...

Great card Lorraine. Hope you had a great holiday.
Hugs anesha

coldwaters2 said...

What a gorgeous scrumptious card that cake really does look good enough to eat. Love your layout and colours you have used for this one.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Danni said...

Wonderful, yummy card!

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Lorraine welcome back to blogland hun. I am loving this card making me hungry. I love the cupcake. I said that on my facebook I am going to the town hall to stage a protest, hugs Pascale

Joey said...

Hiya Lorraine, scrummy card, just love that cupcake and super colours. thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

Carly said...

Wonderful card Lorraine! Thanks for playing.

Paula said...

What a "delicious" card! I just LOVE cupcakes...never would have thought to use one on this card (I get stuck in ruts like that)...love your "out of the box" thinking! Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Donna said...

love your card Lorraine, the soft pastel colors you used, and what a lovely cupcake, looks yummy enough to eat. What a neat added touch with the weekend spa retreat tag there.
Thanks for playing along this week at SSC.
hugs
Donna

Liza said...

Brilliant card Lorraine, I love all the shimmer and the yummy image! Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Lorraine!

I just love all the sparkly bling that you used on this card! It adds the PERFECT touch and is so beautiful! Great design and just such a cute card!

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Shelley said...

Lorraine, I love your card. I just want to bite into it. I like all the different ellements. hugs Shelley

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, how I love a shimmery card! Very pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week! Hope to see you next week - Good Luck!
--x Dee

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I love your card and all the shimmer. Make me hungry though. Thanks for joining our challenge!

Janneke said...

Awesome card Lorraine ;)

Thanks for joining us at SSC

Janneke X

Anonymous said...

Your card is so pretty! You did an excellent job with this challenge. Thanks for playing along and we hope to see you again next week! ~:0)

Line said...

What a delicous looking card! Love the sparkle and shimmer, and such a great free ticket! :)

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line