Monday, April 6, 2009

Milly's Birthday Card :-)



I have been meaning to enter a Pollycraft Challenge for ages, ever since I bought this and another fab image a few weeks ago :-)
The theme this week is 'Downloadables' This image is 'Birthday Milly' I coloured her with copics.and added loads of glitter :-) The striped paper has been on my shelf for at least 2 years and have no idea who's it is ! I added blue liquid pearls on all the dots that were already printed there. The pink paper is stardream and I used some cordinations that I cuttlebugged using my swiss dots folder. The sentiment was printed on me comp from a download too. I know this card looks a bit plain, I did toy with the idea of adding flowers and a ribbon but I actually like the uncluttered look of this so I decided to just leave it as is :-)
I followed this fab sketch on the Friday Sketchers Challenge
This card also qualifies for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge which is 'Stripes' and I am also entering the Colour Create Challenge too, the theme is 'Duck egg blue and Rose' I realise my colours might not be exact but they're as near as I could get them with my supplies. If it's not OK then just scribble my name off :-)

Thanks for looking, your comments are appreciated so please leave me one :-)
Lorraine x

15 comments:

Joey said...

really like this card hun love the colours, I am the same havent really got the right shades for this weeks. hehe i wish i had shares in those pebbles, I just love them! must order somemore soon though. Joey.xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Really sweet card, cute image.

Sue said...

Oh gorgeous card hun, luv the colours, n the papers, now have ya got the name right?? Ya sure? lol. sue.x

Lorraine A said...

yeah Sue I double checked ha ha ha

Pop's Cards said...

Fantastic hun, thanks for joining us this time on Pollycraft and good luck, {hugs} Pops x x x x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Adorable card Lorraine. Those glittery bits are fantastic. Love your image and papers. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Lorriane,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Beryl K said...

Lovely card, cute image.
Beryl x

Unknown said...

Lovely card Lorraine, love this Milly image and you've coloured her beautifully, loving all the sparkle and texture too.

Joanne x

Heather said...

Hi Lorraine - colours are fine. You can't always get them exact. My 'rose' look peach this week after I'd photographed it. Is it the camera or the photographer? - the latter I suspect!!
Fab card honey - love the pearl and glittery bits, especially her earrings - too cute.
Thanks for joining us at CC.
huggles Heather xx

Kelly said...

A gorgeous card!! love that image!

Emma said...

Gorgeous Lorraine...love the papers and Milly is just too cute!!!
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Emma x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card, love your cute and beautifully coloured image and I think you did brilliantly with the colours, I know I struggled to find some paper that was the right shade LOL! Gorgeous design and details too. Glad you could join in this week. Chris x

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a wonderful card, I love the image! BR-T

KatzoKrazy said...

Wow fantastic your card is gorgeous!

Katie x

p.s please visit by blog!