Monday, April 6, 2009

Milly's Birthday Card :-)



I have been meaning to enter a Pollycraft Challenge for ages, ever since I bought this and another fab image a few weeks ago :-)
The theme this week is 'Downloadables' This image is 'Birthday Milly' I coloured her with copics.and added loads of glitter :-) The striped paper has been on my shelf for at least 2 years and have no idea who's it is ! I added blue liquid pearls on all the dots that were already printed there. The pink paper is stardream and I used some cordinations that I cuttlebugged using my swiss dots folder. The sentiment was printed on me comp from a download too. I know this card looks a bit plain, I did toy with the idea of adding flowers and a ribbon but I actually like the uncluttered look of this so I decided to just leave it as is :-)
I followed this fab sketch on the Friday Sketchers Challenge
This card also qualifies for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge which is 'Stripes' and I am also entering the Colour Create Challenge too, the theme is 'Duck egg blue and Rose' I realise my colours might not be exact but they're as near as I could get them with my supplies. If it's not OK then just scribble my name off :-)

Thanks for looking, your comments are appreciated so please leave me one :-)
Lorraine x

16 comments:

joey said...

really like this card hun love the colours, I am the same havent really got the right shades for this weeks. hehe i wish i had shares in those pebbles, I just love them! must order somemore soon though. Joey.xxx

Anesha said...

Really sweet card, cute image.

Sue said...

Oh gorgeous card hun, luv the colours, n the papers, now have ya got the name right?? Ya sure? lol. sue.x

Lorraine A said...

yeah Sue I double checked ha ha ha

POPPET said...

Fantastic hun, thanks for joining us this time on Pollycraft and good luck, {hugs} Pops x x x x

Sharon said...

Adorable card Lorraine. Those glittery bits are fantastic. Love your image and papers. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Jane Carroll said...

great card

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Riet said...

what a gorgeous card Lorriane,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Beryl (bik59) said...

Lovely card, cute image.
Beryl x

Crafting Joanne said...

Lovely card Lorraine, love this Milly image and you've coloured her beautifully, loving all the sparkle and texture too.

Joanne x

Rica said...

Hi Lorraine - colours are fine. You can't always get them exact. My 'rose' look peach this week after I'd photographed it. Is it the camera or the photographer? - the latter I suspect!!
Fab card honey - love the pearl and glittery bits, especially her earrings - too cute.
Thanks for joining us at CC.
huggles Heather xx

Kelly said...

A gorgeous card!! love that image!

Emma said...

Gorgeous Lorraine...love the papers and Milly is just too cute!!!
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck.
Emma x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card, love your cute and beautifully coloured image and I think you did brilliantly with the colours, I know I struggled to find some paper that was the right shade LOL! Gorgeous design and details too. Glad you could join in this week. Chris x

itsabrt said...

What a wonderful card, I love the image! BR-T

KatzoKrazy said...

Wow fantastic your card is gorgeous!

Katie x

p.s please visit by blog!