Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Pink Elephant, Arty Girlz and Stamp Something Challenges






I made this card following The Pink Elephant Challenge sketch, it also qualifies for the Stamp Something Challenge which is to use 3D, and the Arty Girlz Challenge which is to use butterflies :-) ( Thanks Jeanette) :-)
The butterfly stamp is from Magenta, I stamped it onto black card using white ink and embossed with opaque white EP, then coloured it with artquest interference paints. The vellum was stamped with white ink and I used holographic EP. The black card I used for mounting was glimmer misted with denim blue and meadow green.
As you can see I used black/grey coredinations which was cuttlebugged and sanded. The swirly design was cut out on my cricut. The DP is doodlebug.
Thanks for looking, I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)
Lorraine

16 comments:

Annie said...

Love the way you have created the butterfly - absolutely stunning.

Thank you for joining the Pink Elephant Challenge this week.

Ann xxx

Sue said...

Oh very pretty i haven't had me parchment kit out in ages!!! Do enjoy doing it mond, luv the flutterby, brill papers n layout hun, catch up 2moro got committee meetin 2nite!! sue.xx

Jeannette said...

This is lovely, it would work for the Arty Girlz Challenge too, it's Butterflies this wee.

RubyMay said...

How beautiful....this is so pretty and dainty....I love it x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful Lorraine, the butterfuly is so delicate
Beryl x

Unknown said...

This very pretty. I love the background behind the butterfly.

Unknown said...

Ooohh love the butterfly Lorraine, well love the whole card really, so pretty.

Joanne x

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh this is so pretty , I'm glad to gave us some close ups it really shows the sparkle

Julie Allain said...

WOW Your card is beautiful Lorraine, so elegant

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

Carol said...

Hi Lorraine, your card is beautiful, love the butterfly and the swirl is fab! :) thanks for joining us at TPE, i love what everyone is doing with my sketch!

Hugs
Carol x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Gosh your cards are getting better and better, I love this, I especially love the background as it is so glimmery. ???Is that a word? Hope all is well, Catch up soon Hazelxo

Maria Matter said...

Hi Lorraine!
This is sooo pretty! Love your butterfly, there are so many beautiful elements to this card! The colors, papers, the sanded embossing...all put this card over the top! Great job!
Blessings, Maria

Rika said...

How beautiful!

Robin said...

What a beautiful card. I love the butterfly!! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!
Robin
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Lorraine! I love the butterfly, it looks so delicate and pretty!!
Love Becky xx

Crissi Harvey said...

stunning card love the buttrffly.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge..

crissi xx