Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Simon Says Stamp and ABC Christmas Challenges

I am posting both the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the ABC Christmas Challenge cards on the same post today ,,, we have a similar theme on both

on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge the theme is ,,, All White with Coloured Image

and on the ABC Christmas Challenge it's W for Winter Wonderland with the optional extra of White


As usual, our fantastic Heidi is giving to the lucky winner a $25 shopping spree in the Simon Says Stamp Store



Simon Says Stamp are also sponsoring the ABC Christmas Challenge too ,, so you have 2 chances to win a fab spree !!
We are welcoming 3 new girls onto the ABC Christmas Challenge,Carissa,Delphine and Dorte
. Paula and Tanja are joining us as GD's for the next 3 months too ,,, so please pop over to the challenge blog to welcome them :-)



I Followed Bev's fab sketch on the Lili of the Valley Challenge. LOTV Christmas set I coloured the image with Copics and Prismacolour pencils. I used plain white card which I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I also used some white mulberry paper, dampened the edges and teased the fibres to create the fluffy edge. I used a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch and lots of glitter :-) the sentiment was made by lovely TPC teamie Tammy :-) isn't she clever !!



For my next card I used a Jolly Snowman stamp from Stampabilities. I have had this forever and can't remember inking it !! I used some plain white Doodlebug embossed card on this and some pearlescent white stardream card too. I used the same Martha Stewart around the page snowflake punch set and a Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder die. The sentiment is a Penny Black 'Let it Snow' stamp




here's a closer look :-)



Challenges

LOTV ,,,,,, Sketch
Bah Humbug ,,,,,,,, Presents
A Spoonful of Sugar ,,,,, Relish to Embellish
Creative Card Crew ,,,,, Lets Punch It
Everybody's Art ,,, Untraditional Christmas
Wild Orchid ,,,,,, Classic Christmas
CYDA ,,,,,, All White
Fussy and Fancy ,,,,,, Winter Wonderland
Critter Challenge ,,,,, Christmas
Stamp and Create ,,,,, Tis the Season

Thanks for looking :-) Don't forget to check out the candy sponsored by Simon Says Stamp at the top of my blog before going to see the DT's wonderful creations :-)

38 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh I do so love the white on white and love the image plate edge detail and all that lovely sparkly glitter, its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas de de da da dooooooooooo
Hugs Kate xx

Mephisto said...

Both cards a re really wonderful hun!

Hugs
DOmi

Max said...

Both are beautiful cards Lols. Love the crisp, fresh white with all the extra sparkle you have added. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
PS: Be careful or Ann will slap your legs too for being cheeky LOL!

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun love white on white and this is just stunning,love that image,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Emma said...

Both such gorgeous cards...love the image and sparkle.
Hugs Emma x

Debs said...

Hi Lols
Two stunning cards!
Love the snowman image and all the sparkle is gorgeous.
Have a fab day
Debs xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Gorgeous cards Lols. White with a hint of colour looks so stunning and I LOVE the sparkle.
Caroline xxx

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous cards Lols, love all the sparkle, it's exactly what Christmas cards should be like. Love 'em
Anne x

Mary Lou said...

OMG~~ Beautiful winter cards Lorraine!!!
Love the sparkle and esp.LOVE the mulberry paper idea!!!
Thanks and Hugz

Jenny said...

Two stunning cards. The embellishments are perfect for both cards. My favourite card is the cute teddy.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the little sparkly bear on your first card - he's adorable!

Irene said...

Hello Lorraine

Two beautiful cards - I love them.
I love the soft effect of the Mulberry paper and your fabulous cuttling. White on white always looks so elegant and with the added touch of your super image is just perfect.

thank you so much for joining in our latest challane at Bah!Humbug!
irene

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
It's amazing haow beautiful "white" cards can be. The embossing is magnificent. Beautiful images and wonderful embellishments. Gorgeous work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Christine said...

Me again LOls just come from Heathers & Mandys blogs to see yet another 2 awesome creations..am loving thew ALL white crimbo cards this year ..fab images stunning colouring clever girl..

smiles Christine xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
oh you have been so busy while i was missing gorgeous cards, awesome colouring of little ted, luv all the white on white, lots lovely sparkle, i started with thick head n sniffles today!! thats bloomin gr passin his germ round!sue,x

Nicola said...

Fabulous cards and a wonderful take on our sketch Lols. Love the white on white and adorable image which you have coloured so beautifully.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

hayward69 said...

Lovely coloured images and love the sentiment on your first card. Great layouts and dp.

Jayne xx

Delphine said...

Lorraine, I would be totally unable to say which card is my favourite! They are both amazing! Great colouring, fab layouts, your white on white is perfect and the sparkle is truly fantastic! And I love the fluffy edges on the first card, and I know I am not the only one:-)! Hugs Delphine xx PS: Thank you:-)

Helen said...

These are both gorgeous Lols - I love the fluffy edges on the first one...and all the shimmer & sparkle on the second one looks fab!
Helen x

Mandy said...

Stunning cards Lols, so beautiful, I can't believe you've beat me hands down with the sparkle, I must be slipping lol
hugs Mandy xx

Kat said...

Hi Lols, I love both of these cards. White cards are gorgeous. I think the one I've been making has too much colour for a completely white challenge!

Kat xx

Anita said...

Wow, both cards are so beautiful. I really love the all-white cards. Your coloring is amazing too!

Carissa said...

Beautiful cards. That little teddy is becoming one of my favorite images and you have done a fantastic job colouring him. Hugs, Carissa

Samantha said...

Oh my word!! I Totally love them both! I am with Delphine! how can you choose? I can't! I do love the sparkles and the colouring of your images is totally awesome! Samantha :0)

Rica said...

Hi Lols - I simply love both of these cards, gorgeous colouring of both the cute images, fantastic sparkling, great embossing and detailing.
hugs Heather xx

Katarina said...

Gorgeous cards, love the icy white snowflake theme! Thanks for playing along with us at the LOTV challenge!

Dot said...

I will just queue up to tell you that both your cards are gorgeous!
Love the fluffy paper, the glittering, the images and all the white.Yes it all! Amazing!
hugs Dorte xx

Tanya said...

Beautiful card!


Thanks for joining Critter Sketch

Annie said...

wow! I love the frosty sparkly Christmas cards you made! they are gorgeous!!
hugs, annie x

paperfun said...

Both cards are stunning. The glitter is so soft and sparkly. 2 very lovely cards.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Tammy Miller said...

These cards are so adorable. Wonderful embellishmenys and love how you color the images. Thanks for joining us this week at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog for our Christmas challenge! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

Michele said...

wonderful cards, love all the snowflakes. Thanks for playing the Critter sketch challenge.

Lorie said...

Oh, Lorraine...these are beautiful cards! I haven't seen Mulberry Paper used in forever...you did a fantastic job with it! Thanks for playing along with Critter Sketch Challenge!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

beautiful christmas cards !!so sweet !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Jane said...

Oooh these two are just so sparkly and gorgeous hun! I love them! hugs, Jane xxx

Christine said...

Oh, Lols, both of your cards are simply beautiful. I must get that LOTV stamp. He is so sweet. I so love all the glitter on his hat and presents too!! That snowman is the cutest too. Love the blue shading around the edge of the image. As always your cards are a dream to look at, Lols.

xoxo, Christine

Crafting Joanne said...

This is adorable hun.

Thank you for joining us over CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Dena said...

Lorraine! These are both soooo pretty! Love that white style and how you embellished them!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this time around!
Hugs, Dena