Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crafty Calendar GD card ,,,, Winter Wonderland

Good Morning all :-) I was THRILLED when Lisa asked me if I would be a GD for the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month :-) Thanks for asking me !! :-)

The theme for this month is,,,

WINTER WONDERLAND with the added option of SNOWFLAKES

The Sponsor this month is A Passion for Crafts and Ruth is offering 4 digi images to one lucky entrant :-) I was lucky enough to win 4 images from last months challenge so I will enjoy choosing !! Gorgeous images and so much choice !! :-) Thanks Ruth

There is also a DT call so if you are interested, make a card and join in !! Good Luck to all :-)





For my card I used my Santa Down the Chimney Hero Arts stamp which I just bought ,, I LOVE this !! so funny :-) I made a shaker card cos I wanted it to look like he was really going down a snow capped chimney :-) I coloured the image with a mix of Copics and Prismacolour pencils. the papers are from the new Basic Grey Jovial paper pad. The snow in the shaker is Diamond Dust , this is quite heavy so it shakes and falls beautifully :-) I used a Martha Stewart icicle border punch and the gift was cut out on my Cricut. The sentiment is also a Hero Arts stamp. The snowflake is made using a Spellbinders Snowflake Wonder die ,,, I used Star Dust Stickles and ultrafine crystal glitter everywhere :-)



Challenges :

ABC ,,,,, Glitter
Creative Inspiration ,,,,, Shaker Card
Wild Orchid ,,,, Classic Christmas
Critter ,,,,,,, Christmas
Charisma Cardz ,,,, With Love at Christmas
Stamp and Create ,,,,,, Tis the Season

and last but not least ,, a new challenge for me ,,, Pattie's Creations ,,,,, Christmas card / Creation :-) thanks Sandi for telling me about this one :-)

Thanks for looking :-) The DT have made some gorgeous creations for your inspiration so please go and see them on the Crafty Calendar Challenge and don't forget to check out the candy sponsored by Simon Says Stamp at the top of my blog :-)

29 comments:

Debs said...

Fab card Lols - lovin the image!
Have a great day
Debs xx

Mummylade said...

just lovely

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
This is a fabulous card with a super funny image. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

joey said...

Hiya Lols

gorgeous card hun, love this image, I am so singing when santa got stuck down the chimney he began to shout, oh dear lol

Joey.xx

scrapperjulia said...

What a cute and funny card! Love how you did your shaker box!

cgl1539 said...

Ha, thats so funny!! I love it.

Liz, said...

Hiya, thanks for being our guest this month, your card is super cute.

Liz x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh I love it! What a cute image and that Diamond Dust looks awesome. Congrats on your GD Spot.
Caroline xxx

CraftyC said...

Fabulous card Lorraine. Love the image and scrummy papers. Congrats on your GD post!
Clairexx

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Hi Lorraine! This is just darling sweetie!! I love all of the fun sparkle on this!! Cute image!! HUGS

Tanya said...

Great card! Thanks for playing the Critter Sketch challenge

Craftyanny said...

awwwwwwwwwww love it!!! What a great stamps Lols, I've not seen that one before
hugs
Anne x

Sue said...

Oh Lols this is gorgeous luv the image, luv the sparkle, lovely papers & design hun, sue.x

Sandi said...

So cute!!

We have a challenge going on that your creation fits our Christmas theme, why don't you head on over and enter!
The more people we get to enter, more prizes will be offered.

☺ Sandi
DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Cleota said...

The Gods must be telling me to do a shaker card, because I've seen a lot of them lately. This is superb! Love the Santa boots sticking out of the chimney! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

Cleota
DT member, Team 2

Kat said...

Love your shaker card Lols. What a fun image, love it.

Kat xx

Sandi said...

Thanks for playing in our challenge!
☺ Sandi
DT Lead Team 1 for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Samantha said...

Te hheehe that reminds me of being at nursey at Christmas we sang a song with the children called when Santa got stuck up the chimney... Te hehe your card is brilliant! Hugs Samantha xx

petra,s cards said...

wauw grat card!! i love the snow you have used!
xx petra

LindaS said...

Wonderful card. Love the look of how he is in the snow. Great design. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenges.

NGCARDS said...

This is a wonderful fun shaker card! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous shaker card Lols.
luv
Debby

Katy said...

Such a good humoured shaker card, very inventive! Made me smile - a lot! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations. Hugs. Katy. xxx

Michele said...

fabulous card! I love the shaker part. thanks for playing the critter sketch challenge.

Pattie G said...

I just love Shaker box cards. What a very cute image!
Thanks for joining us this week at Patties Creations Design Challenge.

Lorie said...

That is cute! Thanks for playing along again with Critter Sketch Challenge!

America said...

adorable image, soooo FUN and very lovely with the sparkle.

Jane said...

This is so gorgeous Lols! love the papers and the little pressie on an angle! thanks for being our GD! hugs, Jane xxx

Dena said...

Hey Lorraine! Super fun shaker card! Love how his little feet are sticking out!!!!
Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge!
Hugs, Dena