Friday, September 24, 2010

Stamp Something ,,,,,Fall/Autumnal Colours

Wow !!! we had loads of fabulous entreis to our September Digi Challenge :-)

This week we have another fab theme

FALL/AUTUMN COLOURS

We are sponsored by the lovely Heidi of Simon Says Stamp so a lovely shopping spree on offer !! :-)

We are also welcoming 3 new DT members ,, Shannon makes her debut today and Ellie and Pattie join us next week :-) Welcome aboard girls :-)

For my card I followed Joey's fab sketch on the Penny Black Challenge :-)



To be honest ,,, this looked better in my head lol :-) ,,, I am not overly fond of this effort but I just don't have the time at the mo' to make another one !! It will have to do !! :-)
I used the lovely Penny Black Fantasy Tree stamp ,,, such a gorgeous stamp :-) I stamped it with Hero Arts Latte chalk ink and inked the edges with vintage photo and rusty hinge distresss inks. the papers are Basic Grey Indian Summer, these were a RAK from a lovely blog buddy :-) xx I distressed all the edges with a Tim Hiltz tool and inked them too ,,, then smothered platinum stickles everywhere. I found a lovely leaf and brown rose in my drawer. The ribbon is very fine organza and the little acorn is a button :-)

Challenges ,,,,
Penny Black Challenge ,,,, Sketch
Creative Card Crew ,,,,,, Autumn/Fall
Everybody's Art Challenge ,,,,,, Autumn
Paper Playtime ,,,, Autumn
Wild Orchid ,,,,,, Ribbons and Bows
Corrosive ,,,,, Clean up your Dust ,,, this stamp is badly neglected ! Unused since before last Christmas
Craftalicious ,,,, Thanks (it is stamped on the bottom right corner)
Paper Sundaes ...... Fall or Halloween Colours

thanks for looking :-) Please pop over to the Stamp Something Challenge to see all the fabulous creations the DT have made and give Shannon a warm welcome :-)

Don't forget to check out the blog candy at the top of my blog before you rush off :-)




22 comments:

Sue said...

Hi hun
gorgeous card, luv this tree i think it looks fabulous, have great weekend hun, sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
This is gorgeous. I used this stamp today as well and it is amazing the difference a change in colour makes. I love this.
Hugs,
Fiona x

cgl1539 said...

Well I love it. As soon as I saw it, I sucked in a breath and said wow, really, and dangit I want this stamp,lol.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Lols this is stunning!
hugs
kim x

fi's cards and crafts said...

this is stunning...love the colours and I love that Penny Black stamp..it's so versatile!!

Fi
x

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Fall card Lorraine...WOOOWEEE I LOVE LOVE this!

fi's cards and crafts said...

forgot to say...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi
X

kath said...

stunning card lorraine...you are too hard on yourself...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx

Cheryl said...

oh wow loraine this is just one beautiufl card,really love that image,you really have made one amazing card here hun hugs cheryl xxxxx

Annika said...

Stunning - and it would make a perfect male card too. Such a gorgeous design and fab idea!
Hugs
Annika

Chrissie said...

Lorraine this is just beautiful. What rich autumnal tones!
Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Card Crew for our Autumn Challenge this week!
Chrissie

iReneM said...

Waddya mean, Lols, not liking this!!
I think it is GORGEOUS. The tree is beautiful and I really love the flower and the acorn on the bow.
A stunning card :-)
x

Annie said...

it's a very elegant card and I love the sparkle!
hugs, annie x

Mandy said...

OMG you mad woman your card is stunning, whatever did it look like in your head Lols cos I love it as it is.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our thank you challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Moshie said...

This card is just beautiful! I don't know how your mind saw it but it should have seen gorgeous! I know how that goes tho as my mind constantly convinces me my creations will be far cutter than they turn out to be! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious! Hugs, Diana

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

I think this is lovely!! I love that tree image and your acorn embellishment is too cute on your bow!

Janis said...

First of all, love your blog design. Second, the card is so pretty! Great job! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

France said...

Hi Lorraine... This is a Classy card, beautiful tree stamp !
Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Paper Sundaes !

Card Crazy said...

I think it's beautiful. So very Autumn, with the subdued colors and shading. Love the sparkled leaves.
Sue S.

Emma said...

Beautiful...gorgeous colours.
Hugs Emma x

Curt in Carmel said...

I think this turned out beautifully! I have this stamp, and it gets forgotten to much. I need to pull it out and do something with it. Your card is an inspiration! Best, Curt

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful card !! love it !thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs
tina46
eac-team